Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic wrist screen on not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Only had Ionic 24 hrs and the automatic screen turn on when turning wrist to face me is now not working. Functioned okay when first opening. Doesn’t always switch on when I tap it either. Settings are all

okay and I’ve not changed any. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@AnnieMarcon, have you checked the settings on the Ionic to ensure that Quick View is still enabled?  From the Clock screen, scroll to the next screen to the left, and ensure that Screen Wake is set to Auto.

For waking the screen by tapping, it works best to sharply tap on the bottom of the display where it joins the case.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Try a RESTART, Annie.  Do it several times if necessary.

Best Answer

@AnnieMarcon, have you checked the settings on the Ionic to ensure that Quick View is still enabled?  From the Clock screen, scroll to the next screen to the left, and ensure that Screen Wake is set to Auto.

For waking the screen by tapping, it works best to sharply tap on the bottom of the display where it joins the case.

Best Answer

Screen taps and auto on are unpredictable.. hopefully fixable with another f/w update.. I hope!

Tapping ANYWHERE on the metal casing will wake the screen. 

@AnnieMarcon wrote:

Only had Ionic 24 hrs and the automatic screen turn on when turning wrist to face me is now not working. Functioned okay when first opening. Doesn’t always switch on when I tap it either. Settings are all

okay and I’ve not changed any. 

Enderman
Best Answer

You are a legend Larry, Thankyou for easy immediate fix, feel a bit silly now.

Love your puppy pic. 

Best Answer

Glad you got it working, @AnnieMarcon!  Glad you like the picture - unfortunately, our puppy grew into an old Golden Retriever and she died a couple years ago of old age. I still miss her! We used to love going for long walks together.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awe, we just lost our old beagle girl (14.9yrs) before Christmas, so I can totally relate. Even more so that our last chick left the nest last year too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I was having the same problem. This solved it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this happen to me several times. Each time I reset the watch to factory defaults and the watch again responded to wrist movement. I've never even scrolled my screen to the left to check the setting you mention. I've never touched it but something or someone else's code is. I find this very frustrating and of poor quality of workmanship. These settings should remain at factory settings unless the owner/user changes it. I suspect a firmware update is disabling this feature while performing device updates but is not coded to return the previous configuration settings. This looks like a mistake or lazy coding. I love the watch and use it all the time but it could be better. Thank you for a really useful product!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure about tapping swiping while holding your tongue to the right 🙂  All you have to do after the last update is press and hold the left button for a few seconds and the auto wake settings popup.

Swiping to the left or right does not seem to work for me.  

Cheers

Best Answer

Thanks for your solution, I almost wanted to do a factory reset. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes