Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Band coming undone while sleep-Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning I woke up and my surprise was that something weird was under my pillow, obviously I was so disoriented, I just woke up, but that was my Fitbit Ionic. One of the sides of the band came undone on its own and the watch left my wrist. I've had fitbits for years, this is the first time sometning like this happened to me. Have anyone experienced anything similar? Maybe the bands are a little too easy to release? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Danielhfasano,

Are you talking about it coming undone at the clasp that hold both bands together? I've not seen that.

Are you talking about one end of the band coming off where it attaches to the tracker. I had that happen once. It was because I had slightly mis-aligned that clasp when attaching the band. You might want to take a look for that. It can be a very slight misalignment, as if part of the clasp is attached and part not all the way.

Once I got the clasp fully on, it has stayed put since. Might be worth taking a look.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Danielhfasano,

Are you talking about it coming undone at the clasp that hold both bands together? I've not seen that.

Are you talking about one end of the band coming off where it attaches to the tracker. I had that happen once. It was because I had slightly mis-aligned that clasp when attaching the band. You might want to take a look for that. It can be a very slight misalignment, as if part of the clasp is attached and part not all the way.

Once I got the clasp fully on, it has stayed put since. Might be worth taking a look.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
I'm talking about the end of the band that attaches to the tracker. Maybe
you are right, I didn't put it together strong enough. It hasn't happened
again. So it's probably just that. Thanks for replying
Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn't work. The band appears loose on the one side, and changing to a different band didn't help.

I'm looking for a perhaps a fabric solution that will keep the band from separating on the one side and prevent the loss of a still functioning fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes