Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining quickly after changing clock face

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I switched to a new clockface on my Ionic this afternoon, using my Iphone app to do so. I noticed that the battery level was going down rather fast (location services had to be on all the time for this app).  I charged the watch to 90% before leaving the house at 5:00 pm.  By 7:30 pm the watch gave me a series of warning buzzes then powered off.  My phone app reported that the watch was at 0%.  I have been charging the phone for a few hours and now, when I try to access the Fitbit app on my I-Phone it is completely dark - no way to access the app at all.  Did the new clockface app ruin my watch and the app on my Iphone? 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Try restarting your Ionic several times.  Also uninstall the app on your iphone, reinstall it and log back in. Then Id change to another clock face I think!  I hope that fixes both the Ionic and the app (though I cant really see how the app issue had anything to do with the clock face, but who knows?)

Let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

Moving this to the Ionic forum

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @JulieVionic

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, let me help you out. In addition to the great troubleshoots that @NellyG shared, I recommend changing it to a different timezone and keep an eye on it. In regards of what you mentioned that it powered off bye it self, please make sure to fully charge it, take a look at these charging tips and also check out this great article.  If you're still having trouble please let me know so I can give you the next steps. 

Keep me posted, I'll be around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Thanks, I couldn't make the change as you suggested because the app lost connection with the fitbit - I ultimately called Fitbit help and after following instructions to perform a hard reset I ultimately had to send Fitit back to the manufacturer.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @JulieVionic

Thanks for sharing the update, I hope you get back on track soon!  If you need further assistance don't hesitate in visiting the forums. Smiley Happy

Let me know how it goes! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

I have had exactly the same experience. I updated to a clockface that showed me heart rate, steps, and calories all on the front screen but the battery drained in less than an hour from 75% to zero.  I assumed it could be due to the fact the watch is working harder to display the information constantly, and figured it was just what happens I reset to normal and it lasts for just over a week, my ionic is relatively brand new, but I would love it if I could have the new face and same battery life...  I will try again with the steps advised here .. fingers crossed 🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue and fitbit has been useless in helping

Best Answer
0 Votes