Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery status

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone explain why the battery status symbol does not appear on the main Ionic screen all the time?

In other words, like every mobile phone on the planet, you always know how much charge is left.

My Ionic simply conks out when it runs out - no warning, no display, nothing!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you swipe right from the clock face it shows the battery percentage remaining. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

If you swipe right from the clock face it shows the battery percentage remaining. 

Best Answer

Ah thank you Steve!

But why on earth put it there, Fitbit designers? Rule 101 of app design is not to make users make more clicks than they really need to! Why do you think every mobile phone puts this data on the front screen!! (even dear old Pebble got this right!) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It might be there because the main, clock, screen can now be designed by anyone and (soon) shared by the app gallery. If they forgot to include battery level then it would not be visible anywhere. Having it where it is means it will always be available. 

Best Answer

Good point Steve. If so, I think Fitbit should provide at least one 'official' clock screen which includes the battery indicator, so for those of us who use GPS (which drains Ionic like crazy), we know when the thing is about to give up!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

In addition we should be able to get the latest battery percentage via the Fitbit app (after doing a sync). Sadly we don't, just inaccurate summaries.

Best Answer

In addition, when the battery level is to low I get the battery status in red on the main screen!

and I get a e-mail automaticly that the battery is low!

Best Answer

really?! HOW? For Ionic?

(Ionic, running app on iOS 11.0.3 on iPhone 😎

Best Answer
0 Votes

9ACD748F-CA8A-4A86-9FC6-2FEAB209E9A8.jpeg

Best Answer

I agree, I recently lost all data because when you are in gps mode, i do not believe you can swipe right and get to a battery display. I will have tto test. I remeber trying to look for it while hiking the Grand Canyon, then alll of a sudden death...of my battery. Lost all data tracking.....Bum me out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is great......if you have cell coverage. If you do not then we are back to the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, i am still facing the same problem, no battery life i can see in my fit bit ionic

1) I cannot swipe right for screen wake and notifications, it won't work. I need to press the left button for 3 secs to get screen wake and notifications

2) When i swipe up then i get the TODAY section wherein i can see the battery %.

Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gatim_max   im guessing youve carried out the software update as its now moved to the TODAY section under os2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i just purchased it today

@soccersnapswrote:

@gatim_max   im guessing youve carried out the software update as its now moved to the TODAY section under os2.

Best Answer
0 Votes