Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank screen with backlight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I need some help. Was having Fitbit ionic since 2017. It was working fine until 2 days ago after a swim I turned it off and when I try to turn it back on, only  backlight is on but screen is blank. The heart rate is flashing as per normal and I can still sync to my mobile

I tried all ways like reset, restart etc as per forum but still unable to get it up. I find it weird because if the screen is faulty, I shouldn’t be seeing anything but however when the battery is 0% it is showing. Something is jus not right. Appreciate any guidance.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Since you can't do a factory reset using the screen, I found this other option in another post. Before you try it, sync the Ionic. When you have confirmed it sync'd, go into the app and remove the Ionic from your account. Then try this:

"I spent a few hours w/ a tech on the chat line. She stated to push all three buttons at once until the FitBit icon appears. As soon as it disappears, release the bottom right button. After some seconds, the watch will vibrate, then you can release the other 2 buttons. "

You will now have to add it back to your account as a new tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for the advice. I can't even see the fItbit icon but I can see the back light and feel the vibrate while doing the steps but too bad,  it still  doesn't work. 

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem. After a swim, I shut it down and plugged it in to charge. When I unplugged it it seemed a bit hot. Now when I try to turn it on factory reset it (which I have probably done because I got the vibration), there’s just the backlight and no Fitbit logo. The backlight turns off after about 4 seconds. This is not the only time I’ve had problems turning on my Ionic. Previously I had startup issues, but the logo would show and I was able to factory reset it and have it work. The Ionic seems to have a lot of startup issues based on the accounts of many posts I’ve seen on the forums. I will definitely not be buying a Fitbit again, especially with the constraints of the hardware and software being extremely limiting because it is proprietary. Here is just the backlight on:

image.jpg

Best Answer

Not that it helps really but I've had a remarkably similar experience as yours, almost word for word where I've gone for a swim and it was working fine, left it over night to charge and can only see the back light, no image. I've also had issues starting it getting it to turn on in the past but as you said was able to get the fitbit logo to come up. Now it just seems bricked almost. Very disappointing as I got it as a Christmas gift from my girlfriend less than 8 months ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same issue however I did not go for a swim, Battery was drained and didn't charge for a day, Same thing happened. Seeing backlight but no display.

Best Answer
0 Votes