Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Issues - Wont connect to fitbit app anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I only check my fitbit app once every 2 month or so to look at my logs and when I checked it today it wouldn't sync. It kept telling me "Bluetooth Issues". After trying over an over I still can't get it working. Below is everything I tried:

• Deleted Ionic as a bluetooth device on phone
  • Deleted Ionic as a device in FitBit app
  • Restarted phone
  • Deleted and reinstalled FitBit app
  • Factory reset my Ionic
  • Fiddling with my bluetooth settings on phone

My ionic is basically a paperweight at the moment..... Should I call Fitbit support to see if I can send it in for repair ? I mean wtf, i cant think of anything else to try. I can still charge it and wear it but I cant get my steps into the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

With no mention of the type of phone I'll point to the Fitbit help files.

Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Try these troubleshooting steps if your device is not syncing
However we do not have a sync issue anymore since the tracker needs to be setup.

You did not remove the Fitbit ionic from your app, you removed it from your Fitbit account.
Removing the ionic usually adds problems, and doing a factory reset insures that the unsynced data is lost.
Since we know the ionic has been removed from the account, the factory reset would also have  removed the ionic we need to setup the ionic as if it was recently purchased. 

You will have to open the Fitbit app.
Tap on the index card like icon in the top right
Tap add device and follow the prompts.
If the setup fails, please let us know of what step it fails and what phone your using.
Hopefully you don't receive the pin error that seems to have been introduced in the latest app update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have done that and it fails. I get bluetooth connectivity error when I try to connect. As soon as it finds the ionic I get a message "found it" and then immediately I get "bluetooth connectivity error" and I cant connect it......

I am using a Samsung galaxy note 8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the excat same problem,This is a brand new watch ,bought 4 months ago. It will not switch on. My phone finds it , then it stops . It will not progress. Iv reinstalled the app,Iv watched every Youtube clip,it will not switch on

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting the same "Bluetooth issues" and it won't update today's info. I have a S6. I went to the bluetooth settings on my phone and unpaired my Ionic. Then I went into the Fitbit app and turned off the "all day sync", "always connect" and the "keep-alive widget". After that I restarted my phone and re-paired my watch to my phone, went into the app and turned back on the All-day sync, Always connect and Keep alive. 

After all of this it finally synced and updated my daily tracking info.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes