Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth connection not stable

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have issues with syncing my Ionic with the FitBit app on my iPhone.

The app tries to sync with the Ionic but stops after a few seconds.

When I go to my Bluetooth settings, I noticed that the Ionic connection status is constantly switching between Connected and Not Connected...

Restarting the phone and the Ionic doesn't help

Disabling and enabling Bluetooth doesn't help

In the end, I removed the Ionic from my phone and was able to connect and sync again.

But... after 2 days, the same problem occurs again...

And, it's not phone related as I connect to other devices as well which don't have this issue.

Any help or tricks?

Regards

Pieter

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I am having problems with syncing also started on the 9th. Finally I got it to sync now I am back to it not syncing...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah... Same issue.

I've just tried something else.

Charged the Ionic to 100%, leave it plugged in and then tried to sync again and it worked...

Strange...

Pieter

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will keep that in mind if I have problems again! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone. Brandie
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PieterRunner @Brandieann Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic not syncing.

Thanks for sharing those workarounds, I'm sure this will be very helpful for other users as well. If Ionic has a low battery level, syncing will be more difficult to so (it will take longer). If the battery is full, syncing is faster. 

Are you still experiencing the same? 

Check this syncing troubleshooting steps if you keep experiencing the same. If you already did some of these steps, please try them again in the order given on that article.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Hi @SantiR

Yes I still have the same problem... But it seems that my workaround is working as well.

The article that you have send states "Your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low." But what is critically low? I already have the problem when my Ionic is below 60% of battery...

As soon as I charge the device and wait until it's fully charged the sync works.

This workaround works but it's annoying... and I noticed that I'm not the only one that has sync issues with FitBit.

Do you expect any improvements in the future on this?

Regards

Pieter

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PieterRunner Thanks for your reply and for confirming that you are still experiencing the same. Also, thanks for confirming that the workarounds had helped you out.

Critically low battery can be considered the moment in which you receive the low battery notifications. 

I do expect improvement in overall functionality. I mean, Fitbit is always working to improve everything and deliver even better user experiences. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

I have had issues from day one. I have uninstalled and reinstalled dozens of times. I think I finally know what’s going on. Anytime the battery level is below 50% there is no syncing. When the battery is sufficiently charged, it syncs with no problem. I hope Fitbit fixes this in an update.

Best Answer

@Frankscats Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with your Ionic and thanks for trying those steps to sort this out.

That is strange, it shouldn't do that. It should also sync when it has 50% battery power or lower. Are you using a supported mobile device?

Also, have you tried these syncing troubleshooting steps whenever you experience this? 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer