Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bright Sun and heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It is summer here and I live in a very sunny bright place. My ionic when on my wrist but exposed to the sun gives extremely high heart rate numbers. Then if I retract my arm into the shade it will slowly drop my heart rate by 15-30 beats, even though my rela heartrate is unchanged.

Indoors or at night it is fine but that is not good enough.

Anyone else encountered this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@MartinJustMarti Welcome to the Fitbit Community! That is very strange! I recommend performing a restart on your Ionic. This should help you out with this.

If you keep experiencing this after the restart process, could you share a video with us showing this behavior?

Thank you and keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

exactly same thing. just walked leisurely in sun for 10 mins - 164 boom. and moment came in shade and sat, 84.....

very very weird

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @rahulganatra.

Thanks for the details shared on your post. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome.

Please note that several factors can affect heart rate, including air temperature, stress level, alcohol or caffeine intake, immune response to illness, and medication use. Exercising in cold weather can make it more difficult for your device to track your heart rate, as environmental conditions can affect skin perfusion (the amount of blood that flows through your skin). Spikes in your heart rate during sleep may be caused by sudden movements (for example, waking up and getting out of bed), or a weak signal due to wrist placement. Review our tips in How do I improve the accuracy of a heart-rate reading? For any concerns about your heart-rate data, contact your physician.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes