Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic battery draining issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, every since the last update, the battery on my Iconic drains in less than 24 hours.  I have researched the community posts and tried all of the recommendations and the problems still exists.

Please advise when I new release will be issued to fix this and other issues that people have been reporting.  Thank You.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@Agent-86 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community. I totally understand how you feel about the battery draining issue that your Fitbit Ionic has experienced. By the way, thank you for trying to get it resolved before contacting our forums.

In order to avoid providing the same information, let me know what troubleshooting steps you have tried.

In the meantime, please try the tips that are listed in this help page in order to improve the battery life of your Fitbit device.

See you later.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for responding.

Yes, I visited the site and tried all of those suggests and any others I could find.  No different.

I have also turned off most functions including GPS.

I have reset the watch several times.

I have noticed issues each time there is a new firmware update.

This severe draining issue has occurred since this latest firmware release.

It seems that Fitbit may not be testing their firmware releases thoroughly before unleashing on its customers. 

Customer feedback over several years to back up this statement.

Original indication from Fitbit that a charge for the Ionic should last 3 to 4 or more days.

What is the point of having the Iconic if you have to turn nearly all functions off or dim to the lowest. And it still drains.

Best Answer

i have exactly the same exact issues as Agent-86 and i have also done all your"help"suggestions,and nothing.My Ionic's battery use to power for 3 1/2 days b4 i downloaded firmware 27.72.1.15 !! now when i charge it,it's dead within 6 hours!! wtf is fitbit doing what apple got caught doing sending knowingly bad firmware "updates" to brick our expensive watches to get us to get the next new watch! this is bs!then the company doesn't even stand behind it's product giving useless textbook trouble shooting advise.the problem is the firmware that bricked and it's draining the batteries of all these watches now send a new firmware to fix it and if not someone should start a suit as to why fitbit sends firmware(similiar to apple's suit)that damages perfectly working watches.

Best Answer

@Agent-86 @jrleo13 Thank you for getting back and trying the recommended steps. I totally understand how you guys feel about this and we appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

Since the issue persists, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected and our Support team will be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing with my Ionic after the last firmware update. It used to hold a charge for days, now after the latest update, I'm lucky if I get 1 day. Went through all of the "reduce all functionality of the unit so it is just a watch" silliness with no success. A premium unit like this should not be failing like this. This makes me very sad and forces me to seriously question my choice to go the Fitbit route for fitness trackers. 

Best Answer

@Rhino1515 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community. I know how frustrated you are in regards the battery draining issue that your Fitbit Ionic has experienced. I appreciate the time spent trying the recommended tips before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to get in touch with our chat or phone Support. Click here to get connected and our Support team will be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

See you around.

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue. When its evidently clear that the latest firmware upgrade screwed up the watch why doesn't Fitbit give us an option to downgrade the firmware or replace our watch. Mine is not even 2 years old & it hardly hold charging for 3-4hours

Best Answer

Yeah, I got the "sorry your out of warranty, but you can have 35% off a new watch" song and dance. Clearly your update caused the problem, you need to make it right.

Best Answer

this is exactly my point,about fitbit sending damaging firmware "updates"so they can steer you to the next new watch! as i stated previously my watch would go 3 1/2 days without having to charge it until the new firmware;which now drains the battery within 6 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate to say it, but I am going to have to get off of the Fitbit bus. The lack of any support after their update is forcing me to depart after quite a few years and many models owned. It is unacceptable to cause a problem and not fix it. If I did not depart at this time, I would be condoning that behavior - which I cannot do.

Sorry Fitbit, but goodbye.

Best Answer

Fitbit ionic batteries start to drastically lose charge after 14-18 months. Down from 4-5days between charges to 1 day.

if you want a new battery forget it , go on ebay or other sites and you cannot guarantee the battery hasn’t been used

Fitting one? If you are handy with a soldering iron fine.

solution - buy another fitbit or better still buy a sport watch that has a better battery life

So many users on the internet are disappointed with Fitbit including me ( as the product is fine for me) but I’m not buying a replacement fitbit after 18 months

Best Answer
0 Votes