Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightness Auto Setting doesn't work

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It is strange that the brightness of home screen does not increase even dark to sunshine. Is it normal?The brightness setting is auto.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @faffiekm

I'm sorry to hear the difficulties experienced with your Fitbit Ionic. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, so I recommend making sure that the Sleep Mode option is disabled on your Fitbit Ionic. When the sleep mode setting is on:

• Notifications don't cause the watch to vibrate or the screen to turn on.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • Turning your wrist won't cause the tracker's screen to turn on and you need to press the button. 

To turn off Sleep mode: Swipe down from the top of your screen. After your notifications appear, swipe down again to open the control center. Tap the quick settings icon and then tap sleep mode. When you turn off the setting, the icon appears dim with a line through it.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks for stopping by @gabadeo! Have you been testing your Ionic's brightness by switching to the options available? Can you please double check the steps below and confirm if you did try them in order to perform the restart:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. Fitbit Ionic doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

I've moved your post to the Ionic as there are more chances to get related replies here.

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately,it is not successful that I followed the above steps even I restored to the factory setting and updated to the latest firmware. 

The AUTO brightness still doesn't work.

Is the hardware of Ionic out of order?

Actually,I got the Ionic in the beginning,the AUTO brightness is working successfully. Meanwhile switching to the barcode app in the Ionic, increasing the brightness is ok.

After a few days, somehow, increasing the brightness doesn't work when using the barcode app. And the brightness of home screen is always dim even I setted the brightness AUTO.

There is a something strange.

When I use the barcode app,the brightness is dim and I cover the all screen by my palm and the screen goes to dark.

Then I push the left button, the brightness is max!! (The screen is the barcode app)

I have no idea to fix this issue....

Here is the video about my issue.

https://youtu.be/Rth2OmTKrEY

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for following the suggestions provided and for sending a video to show your Ionic's behavior @gabadeo. I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was there ever a resolution on this?  My brightness doesn't work, either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @faffiekm

I'm sorry to hear the difficulties experienced with your Fitbit Ionic. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, so I recommend making sure that the Sleep Mode option is disabled on your Fitbit Ionic. When the sleep mode setting is on:

• Notifications don't cause the watch to vibrate or the screen to turn on.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • Turning your wrist won't cause the tracker's screen to turn on and you need to press the button. 

To turn off Sleep mode: Swipe down from the top of your screen. After your notifications appear, swipe down again to open the control center. Tap the quick settings icon and then tap sleep mode. When you turn off the setting, the icon appears dim with a line through it.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes