Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic back button takes me to the scren wake settings screen and I can't get out of it. I can start an exercise session but no pause or end it. Very frustrating! I have turned the Ionic off and on again and done a number of soft resets to no avail. Please help! 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @CathyRey welcome to the Community Forums!

First, I appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting this situation prior to posting. You may be able to remove dust or dirt by gently using a toothpick around the button. If this does not improve the button performance, you can try to clear debris using canned air. Hold the tracker at arm's length and spray once to loosen any dirt or dust that may have accumulated around the button. Please let me know how it goes. 

Keep me posted. By the way, I've moved your post to our Fitbit Ionic board. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @CathyRey welcome to the Community Forums!

First, I appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting this situation prior to posting. You may be able to remove dust or dirt by gently using a toothpick around the button. If this does not improve the button performance, you can try to clear debris using canned air. Hold the tracker at arm's length and spray once to loosen any dirt or dust that may have accumulated around the button. Please let me know how it goes. 

Keep me posted. By the way, I've moved your post to our Fitbit Ionic board. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there.  Thank you for taking the time to make your suggestion, sorry it has taken me so long to respond.  As suggested I gently cleaned round the button with a toothpick.  I didn't have an air cannister but I used a hairdryer on cold hoping it might do the same!  Fingers crossed my fitbit is now up and running and working as it did before.  Thanks again.  Catherine

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply and update @CathyRey, sorry for the delay in responding your post too.

I'm happy to know that after trying the suggested information from my previous post your device is working again. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be here.

I want to suggest you to visit our discussion forums and participate! There are several users who are interested in fitness, healthy eating, better sleep, among others. I'm sure that they will be happy to meet you there.

It was a pleasure to help you. Smiley Happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes