Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COnnected but will not sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had my ionic for couple of months and have trouble syncing anyway. However it now will not sync last sync was 12/07. Just keeps spinning around. I have updated new software and also tried restarting everything however still nothing works?

can I have some help please?

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

If your asking about a sync issue through some type of mobile or fixed device, please include the model of the device your trying to sync through .

Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Try these troubleshooting steps if your device is not syncing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Many android users are having the same issue with their ionics since the 12th of July 2018.

Fitbit is claiming it is becaus the phone is not compatible for all of these users.

However it will still connect, but not store data.

And for all it worked perfectly before.

The issue is clearly not with my huawei, samsung motorola or your Sony.

I tried using my computer app, but also not supported for windows 7 ...

If fitbit does an update and 100 devices are no longer supported (or known as supported) the devices are not to blame.

Please solve this issue fitbit. 

Best Answer

That seems to be fitbits general response. My thought. unless it has be proven not to work, I'll treat it as compatible. 

If the phone did sync at one time, I would expect it to still sync, and it should be treated as a standard sync issue. 

However without knowing what phone @SunsetRunner has I'm not sure if I can help .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Received the Fitbit Ionic on 04Apr2018.  The May 2018 Update failed and now the Device wont sync from 12May 2018.  Neither the Update or the Sync works.  I am trying to sync it to a Dell Inspiron 15/5000 running Windows 10 version 1803.  Have downloaded all possible drivers for BT and WiFi.  The Fitbit app seems to be written in a Bug Prone language where they cannot catch any communication related exceptions etc.  The sync/update does not give any logs as to why it is failing.  Too short timeouts? What language is used for the App?  Do they have a robust C++ app available to help solve the Ionic Connection issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same problem will not sync on a regular basis.

The ionic is useless.

Best Answer

I have an IPhone 8. It still doesn’t sync no matter what I try, I use to have problems before but always managed to get it to sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just started having the same sync issues that most others are having. It worked fine with my Android phone up until today, now it does not see the Ionic device at all, and will not sync, no matter what I do. I have restarted all devices, but still will not sync.

If I had realized, and read the forum before, I probably would have purchased a different product. I would like to see FitBit stand up, and face the issue that the product is displaying. This is a consumer issue, and needs to be addressed.

Best Answer

@jboyle034 kill your Fitbit app

Clear the Fitbit app cache

Restart the phone, maybe better to power down. 

Restart the tracker, better shut the tracker off. 

If you ever have synced through a different device, if it is within 50 - 75 feet turn it off .

Now try a sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes