Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Access 'Fitbit Today' on Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update -- 3/28/18

Thanks for reaching out and reporting the inability to access 'Fitbit Today' after upgrading to Ionic firmware version 27.32.4.19. I've merged a few threads here to keep things tidy.

Our engineers are currently investigating this and are working to fix it. This issue could have something to do with the number of apps installed on the watch. They've shared a few workarounds that you can try in the meantime.

1. Uninstall some apps from your watch

2. Restart Ionic 

3. If you still cannot see Fitbit Today, you can perform a factory reset (note: all music and user installed apps will need to be reinstalled). 

4) Update Firmware

@MattFitbit Will follow up with updates. Thanks for your patience and we hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. 

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

Hey 

My Fitbit Ionic won’t let me see the today app,

it has disappeared,

and when I press any of the buttons,

it won’t show me it.

what do I do?

thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost mine too after an update 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can`t see it either. But I think the reason is because it is now integrated in the new software. So if you just swipe up from the clock screen it will open the today app.

Best Answer
Found it this morning thanks 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn’t work for me!!!

I tried that before I posted this.

oh and I know that it was because it’s updated!

Best Answer

I spent a hour on the phone with Forgot help associates and after an hour I was told that my phone was not compatible and that is why I could not get the Today feature on my Ionic. Although I have every other feature of the new firmware update. And,I never had any problems with past Ionic updates. Basically,he told me I need to buy a new phone. Not good Fitbit and I was one of their most loyal customers. Not anymore.

Best Answer

What devices are compatible?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I certainly can get my notifications when I swipe down from the top, and everything else about the Ionic functions fine, but I can't get the Fitbit Today thing to appear when I swipe up from the bottom to check my stats.  So the only way I can check my stats is through the app on my phone. Is this because of Fitbit OS 2.0 being in early stages or something else? I tried a factory reset to see if that was the issue but that didn't seem to resolve it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

it works for me...you might want to call customer service and see if they can look into it.

?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DonaldMReifwrote:

I certainly can get my notifications when I swipe down from the top, and everything else about the Ionic functions fine, but I can't get the Fitbit Today thing to appear when I swipe up from the bottom to check my stats.  So the only way I can check my stats is through the app on my phone. Is this because of Fitbit OS 2.0 being in early stages or something else? I tried a factory reset to see if that was the issue but that didn't seem to resolve it.

Try the "MANUAL" RESET.  Move to any screen, other than the Clock Face screen.  Press the LEFT and BOTTOM RIGHT buttons down together and hold them down until the Fitbit icon appears, than release.   This RESET, will usually fix all ill's.

Hope this helped and keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GySgt_Seidellwrote:

@DonaldMReifwrote:

Try the "MANUAL" RESET.  Move to any screen, other than the Clock Face screen.  Press the LEFT and BOTTOM RIGHT buttons down together and hold them down until the Fitbit icon appears, than release.   This RESET, will usually fix all ill's.

Hope this helped and keep on STEPPING!

I tried that and it didn't work out. The customer service help was baffled by my problem too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, at least you know it was not an oversight.  Hope your problems have been resolved and you're getting to enjoy your Ionic.  I find mine indispensable!

Keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the app on the phone up to date?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Incidentally, everything else on the Ionic works fine, but I just can't reach the Fitbit Today info doing the swipe up from the bottom, no matter how many restarts and factory resets I've tried.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Donald, go to the Fitbit App and click on the Account icon at the upper right (looks like a page) and then Ionic at the left.  Click on Apps.  Click on "Today".  Does it indicate "Installed"? If it doesn't, see if you can see a way to install it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Today app should show up under My Apps. It won't show up under All Apps, because it can't be uninstalled.

"Note: this app does not appear in the app switcher on your watch and cannot be deleted"

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

Donald, go to the Fitbit App and click on the Account icon at the upper right (looks like a page) and then Ionic at the left.  Click on Apps.  Click on "Today".  Does it indicate "Installed"? If it doesn't, see if you can see a way to install it.

There is no "Today" App in the installed apps. Which means something was screwed up on my installation on the App's end.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not in the "My Apps" area.

@WavyDaveywrote:

The Today app should show up under My Apps. It won't show up under All Apps, because it can't be uninstalled.

"Note: this app does not appear in the app switcher on your watch and cannot be deleted"

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only thing I can think of is to do a factory reset. The app doesn't install Today, it should be pre-installed from the firmware. On Ionic, open the Settings app ( ) > About > Factory Reset."

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes