Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Access 'Fitbit Today' on Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update -- 3/28/18

Thanks for reaching out and reporting the inability to access 'Fitbit Today' after upgrading to Ionic firmware version 27.32.4.19. I've merged a few threads here to keep things tidy.

Our engineers are currently investigating this and are working to fix it. This issue could have something to do with the number of apps installed on the watch. They've shared a few workarounds that you can try in the meantime.

1. Uninstall some apps from your watch

2. Restart Ionic 

3. If you still cannot see Fitbit Today, you can perform a factory reset (note: all music and user installed apps will need to be reinstalled). 

4) Update Firmware

@MattFitbit Will follow up with updates. Thanks for your patience and we hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. 

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

After many many tries I seem to be successful in updating my Ionic.  I had to do a total factory reset on the Fitbit, delete and reload the Fitbit App on my iPhone, and then totally shut the phone off and turn it back on for it to sync again with blue tooth.  Frankly wasn't going to do the update, but I guess due to my many half attempts, my Ionic decided it was done syncing with my phone, so I had no choice.  Other than a couple days stats being lost, I seem to be in good shape.  It sure would have been nice if all I had to do was hit the update button.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Slwa619 I would suggest conatcting Fitbit support to see if they can assist.

Hope the link below helps.

http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all. 

Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all who spent the time to report this issue. Your reports have been a great help to our engineering team. 

As previously stated, the current workaround to get Fitbit Today working on your Ionic is as follows:

1. Uninstall some apps from your watch

2. Restart Ionic 

3. If you still cannot see Fitbit Today, you can perform a factory reset (note: all music and user installed apps will need to be reinstalled). 

4) Update Firmware

I appreciate all your efforts! If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok I just spent the last 45 minutes trying do do all you told...I factory
restarted....uninstalled everything. Installed Fitbit app with update of Os
2.48......cannot pair properly both to phone IPhone 7S with OS 11.2.6.
Again nothing has changes despite my efforts of about 6 hours of shutting
down uninstalling and restarts etc.... All I can get is the Icon and the
red X and the multi language window....no time no nothing....I would like
to start the process for replacement.....I think I have gone the extra mile
in trying to fix this....I am working next week 5 -16 hr shifts at a
hospital....stand by your product and send me a replacement and I will send
you mine to figure out....
Best Answer

I can’t sync my Ionic,tried updating to new software 5 times and kept getting message to try Bluetooth. Which also didn’t work  Tried deleting the device and reinstalling. So. Spent $300 on this watch 3 months ago and it’s useles. Have had numerous fails on 3 different Fitbit watches now. I’m done. Throwing it in the trash. Will do my usual 6 bad reviews on various consumer websites and never by another Fitbit. Their stuff is crap. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband Ionic will not hold sync since last update.  I looked at the Bluetooth connection it says not connected so I connect it.  I then go the the app and it says looking but never syncs.  I go back to Bluetooth and is says not connected.  I was standing right next to the WiFi.

Best Answer

Same here. Rather frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything suggested in this thread and I still have a hard time accessing "Today". I wish I could access it, or atleast access "Hourly Activity", the most important stat to me, by pushing a button. 

Best Answer

Hi Donald,

How did you finally fix it?.... I have exactly the same issue with the Fitbit today not showing in my Ionic when swiping up..

Please advise.

Jose

Best Answer
0 Votes
After many calls and emails with their IS department I asked for a return
label and it is taking since April 2 and I still don't have a replacement.
However they say they have it and are processing me a new one....hope this
works....Waiting....
Best Answer
0 Votes

My name is Barry Woods and I had a very TERRIBLE experience with Fitbit in the last four months.  To start with I have had 4 Ionic watch and I had a problem with each one.  The first 3 had the Face of the watch fall OFF. Yes, that were replaced however, the problem persists. The Last Ionic I received I had to ask for the Band and Charger because I was told to send all the items back. I did this and got MORE problems with My Last Ionic. My Emails would not register on the watch unless I restarted the watch each day. I did this for 2 weeks. Fitbit has informed me that they have NO solutions for the emails and that I would have to wait until R&D found a solution. They said for me to be patience and wait a while.  Well, Fitbit had NO problem accepting my Credit Card for payment. But now they want me to WAIT.  Well, wait I will not do. I asked for my money back (no). and I also asked for a Discount to purchase a New watch. (No). WAIT. well,I wait no longer and will get another Tracked from another Company. GOODBYE FITBIT. I have had ENOUGH. And good luck to all your LOYAL customers.

Best Answer
Yeah, it seems like Fitbit cares more about being a music controller than
anything else. You would think they would care about tracking fitness with
their fitness trackers. They don't even care about displaying notifications
like those. But if I wanted a $300 music controller, this still wouldn't be
it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello JRTyner(Jogger), I am glad to know that someone is listening. The care that Fitbit has is all about the $$$$. Going to another Tracker will be MY choice. Don’t need all the Headaches or $300 worth of unneeded Music. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've done at least 8 factory resets and the Fitbit Today info still not showing when swiping up on my Ionic.

Customer support not what I expected

Jose

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@CarlosCFitbit why is it the connection between ionic and android is so terrible.

there was no problem on the Surge model.

When will you look into this, instaead of extra features that dont work when you dont have bluetooth connection.

Even if a restart phone and watch several times there is seldom any connections.
it is frustrating when spend so much for this.

I have always recommended fitbit, but it stops here - until your connections update issues is solved.
The only answer i get from Fitbit is restart/reboot.

A feew weeks ago you worked on update for clockface and app tranfer... you had a red bar ontop of community saying you worked for improvement... but still super poor experience

Best Answer

I am in your camp . If this problem is not fixed I am ove over Fitbit 

Best Answer

I've done a factory reset 8 times and Today info is still not showing in my ionic

@JRTyner wrote:

I have tried everything suggested in this thread and I still have a hard time accessing "Today". I wish I could access it, or atleast access "Hourly Activity", the most important stat to me, by pushing a button. 

. It's totally unacceptable, and Fitbit doesn't care. I want my $300 back. I'm tired of this company.

Best Answer

I have exact same problem when I woke up today. Did you get a resolution? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned the watch and got a replacement from Fitbit

Obtener Outlook para Android
Best Answer
0 Votes