Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Pair Samsung Galaxy Buds

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't get my brand new Samsung Galaxy Buds to pair. I can see the buds when selecting '+Audio Device' from the Ionic's settings, but when I select the Galaxy Buds, it churns for a few seconds and always comes back with 'Connection Failed'.

I have tried unpairing the buds from my phone.

I have tried unpairing everything from the Ionic.

I have tried resetting the Ionic.

I have tried resetting the ear buds in Galaxy Wear app.

I have tried pairing the buds in their case.

I have tried pairing the buds in my ears (tap and hold both buds for 3 seconds).

I have tried returning the pair of buds for a new pair.

Connection Failed.

Ionic version 27.68.9.15

Galaxy Buds version R170XXU0ASH2

I have tried the Jabra Elite Active 65T, and they work just fine, but I like the Samsungs better.

Having music on my wrist and being able to leave the phone at home was the main reason I chose Ionic in the first place.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

@ChouPigu It's great to see you around. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried and the details mentioned. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks @SilviaFitbit! I've already returned the Jabras, so I look forward to the resolution.

Best Answer

Hi folks. Samsung released a firmware update for the buds today; R170XXU0ASJ2. Change list includes improvements to Bluetooth connectivity.

Unfortunately, this has not helped the issue. I am still unable to pair the buds to my Ionic.

Just FYI.

Thanks.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  It is very frustrating.  I bought my Galaxy earbuds and the whole point of me buying them was to use them with my Ionic

Best Answer

Hi SilviaFitbit,

I just installed version 27.70.7.14 on my Ionic. Everything seems to be running OK, but this update did not fix my original issue. Same exact behavior; Connection failed.

Is a fix for this on the radar?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband spent two hours on the phone with Customer Support. They do not care about this issue at all. Couldn't offer an extended warranty, a replacement, even a timeline for the software to be fixed. I think they lied, it's not a software issue. They said it was complex, but couldn't bother to explain it to us. Two hours spent on the phone for nothing. This has enraged me to the point that I will blast this company on all social media outlets, and reach out to friends who work in local news and as lawyers. All we wanted was a replacement Ionic, but I'm happy to go through the trouble of publically blowing the lid off of this company for a bigger piece of the pie!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

1/11/2020 - I am also having trouble pairing my Galaxy earbuds to my Ionic and I also bought the Ionic to listen to music phone free.  VERY frustrating and so disappointed with the fact that they haven't arrived at a solution yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung has released another firmware update for the Galaxy Buds; R170XXU0ATA2. Unfortunately, this update has not addressed the original issue. Unable to pair, Connection Failed.

It seems safe to assume at this point that the fault is not with Samsung, but with Fitbit.

Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I guess I have only myself to blame for getting excited that a new Ionic update is out that would surely fix this issue, right? With Fitbit's track record, I should have known better.

I have been more than reasonably patient, seeing how the VERY reason I bought this device was to listen to music without my phone, and it has never worked. I think at this point it's time to give up on Fitbit and move to Samsung Gear.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly even if u do get to connect with your fitbit,the experience womt be great.the sound is choppy and breaks from just moving your arm. Many people have reported this but fitbit isn't bothered to fix it.instead they keep releasing updates that brick people's watches and updates with no changelogs...they never bother to address the problems users face. I have to carry around my huge phone to run because although my earphones and headphones connect I'd rather just use my phone. It's so disappointing that we paid so much money for sucj horrible service and contempt . 

Best Answer

Well, I am in the same position as many others who own a Fitbit Ionic and Samsung Galaxy Buds.  I have had my Fitbit Ionic for some time now but I recently purchased some Samsung Galaxy Buds and learnt that I would be able to now listen to music stored on my Fitbit Ionic through my ear buds. So I went about installing the Fitbit Connect app on my PC as well as creating a couple of music playlists in iTunes to download on to my Fitbit Ionic. The whole procedure took some nutting out but all was going well until it was time to pair my Buds with my Fitbit Ionic. I attempted this pairing numerous times but it failed to pair the Buds with the Fitbit Ionic. This was so disappointing as I was hoping to be able to leave my rather large Samsung Galaxy S20+ at home while I was out exercising listening to music from my Fitbit Ionic.    

Best Answer

Finally got the newest update, 27.70.8.0, installed. No change. Connection failed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has Fitbit done anything to allow an Ionic to connect with Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No idea, sorry. I gave up on using the Ionic long ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes