Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ionic screen falls off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The entire face fell off my ionic and all of its guts came out! They replaced it in December and today the face fell off the replacement too. Anyone else having this problem? I am not rough on the watch and I have never dropped it.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with the Fitbit trackers.  

I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services which lead us to release new Fitbit trackers. 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

When a tracker suffers damage while under warranty, you can contact Customer Support. Discounts and replacements depend on tracker model and other factors.

Additionally to this, I'd like to add that the warranty in most of the regions is only for 365 days. (In Europe due to the law, is extended for 2 years). This means that your tracker will be covered for a full year and during this period of time you can receive any replacement in case of a defect. But this warranty does not apply to that new tracker extending the time. The period of warranty would be only applicable on your original purchase until the 365 days have expired.

Also, if you received a replacement within the warranty (365 days) it does not mean it won't be valid after this. So, if your tracker fails again and your tracker is still between the time of the original warranty, you might be eligible for a replacement based on the resolution of our Support Team, this applies until the stipulated time of the warranty had expired.

You can reach Fitbit Support on your preferred channel: https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

If there's something else you'd like me to assist you with, let me know. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
270 REPLIES 270

When you attach the band you can pull on it. If it comes out its not attached properly. If it doesn't then it is. It does fit very tight if it is attached properly.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Here is a video to help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPIlyIxtu30

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

My face fell off also, and I'd say I'm pretty easy on my fitbit.

I tried to just set it back on hoping I could use some glue to secure it, but placing the screen back on isn't getting me any activity from the tracker. I got mine in October, so I'm a little disappointed in the durability of this one. Fitbit is making it right this go-round and honoring the 1 year warranty, but I'm a little concerned about 7 months from now. We'll see, fingers crossed this is a rare deal!

Best Answer
This is the second one since October that the screen has fallen off. I too am concerned what will happen when the warranty is up. I feel it needs some sore of silicone protection around the edge and have told them so. Thanks for your response.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello, could you let me know what you did to get them to replace it? Did you call or email them? How long did it take to replace? I had the same thing happen to me.

Thank you for your help!

Lea

Best Answer

I used their chat feature here -  https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

My replacement took about a week to get to me.

Best Answer

Thank you 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called their customer service line and explained that this was the second time the face had fallen off. When I received my new one I bought a plastic cover that you slip over the watch face. It was not from Fitbit but on Amazon. I hoping it will hold it together!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Oh good idea, thank you for the tip!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issues. The adhesive is not strong enough to handle the heat from our body as we workout or just standing out in the summer heat. I got my ionic when it first came out and I am currently waiting on my second replacement. By the time the warranty is up I feel I would have own 6 ionics. I has since brought a Flex 2. And looking for another means of monitoring my heart rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought a plastic sleeve that fits over the face. I’m hoping it will hold the watch face together.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll try that when I get the new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same happened to me this morning. You would thinking paying $300 for a watch that this would be an issue. I am concerned that even when they send the replacement that the root cause remains. Fitbit needs to work on fixing this issue #disappointedconsumer.

Best Answer
I totally agree. I wrote them a letter when I mailed my Fitbit back at their request and never heard a response. I also voiced my concerns to a customer service rep. who didn’t know anything about the Ionic and I voiced my concern on an email response and still heard nothing back. They just sent the new watch in the mail. This tells me that they are aware that there is a problem but they don’t know how to fix it. My warranty is up in October and I am concerned. This is my 3rd watch and the screen fell off both prior watches.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone have a picture of this face falling off?

I like fitbit, but I am loosing confidence in the build quality.

Have had several, see my photo, but now I want GPS.

Not sure if I want to give fitbit more money.

I'd also be interested how long you've had your Ionic.

Thanks, Eric

Our collection. Note broken parts and replacement HR.Our collection. Note broken parts and replacement HR.

--- Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
Flex (Christmas 2014), ChargeHR (Christmas 2015). Wife is using the Flex now! Nope, that Flex has died. Alta ordered 12/15/16 as Flex replacement. So far, she likes it. Nope, alta battery only lasts 2 days, started at 7. Support contacted 12/7/17. Hope warranty covers it.
Best Answer

20180808_105205.jpgHI Eric, I bought the Ionic October 2017....here it is.20180808_114327.jpg

@EricJRW wrote:

Anyone have a picture of this face falling off?

I like fitbit, but I am loosing confidence in the build quality.

Have had several, see my photo, but now I want GPS.

Not sure if I want to give fitbit more money.

I'd also be interested how long you've had your Ionic.

Thanks, Eric

Our collection. Note broken parts and replacement HR.Our collection. Note broken parts and replacement HR.

Best Answer

@splashyygirlHoly cow, that is crazy. I forget if it was in this thread that someone mentioned body heat. Well I'm in Texas and we've had many days 100+. If heat is factor, fitbit does not stand a chance in the Lone Star State.

Thank you for those pictures. They give me serious pause.

Eric

--- Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.
Flex (Christmas 2014), ChargeHR (Christmas 2015). Wife is using the Flex now! Nope, that Flex has died. Alta ordered 12/15/16 as Flex replacement. So far, she likes it. Nope, alta battery only lasts 2 days, started at 7. Support contacted 12/7/17. Hope warranty covers it.
Best Answer

Just had the same issue. The adhesive suddenly failed. I bought mine in April/May. Emailed support and they are sending me a replacement. Gets hot in the summer in Canada too. Left it in my car on several occasions (normally in the glove compartment) while out playing soccer and didn't think that it could damage it but in fairness for a $400 (CAD) watch, it really shouldn't. Purchased a protective case from Amazon as well and will use it once the new one arrives (and wont leave it in the car or other warm places as well lol). 

Best Answer

Best way Fitbit can fix the issue, call Samsung, Apple and mobile device operation and they will tell them how to fix it. Cell phones take more heat and the screen don't pop up on them.

Best Answer