Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ionic screen falls off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The entire face fell off my ionic and all of its guts came out! They replaced it in December and today the face fell off the replacement too. Anyone else having this problem? I am not rough on the watch and I have never dropped it.

Best Answer
270 REPLIES 270

@MarreFitbit wrote:

Hi everyone! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with the Fitbit trackers.  

I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services which lead us to release new Fitbit trackers. 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

When a tracker suffers damage while under warranty, you can contact Customer Support. Discounts and replacements depend on tracker model and other factors.

Additionally to this, I'd like to add that the warranty in most of the regions is only for 365 days. (In Europe due to the law, is extended for 2 years). This means that your tracker will be covered for a full year and during this period of time you can receive any replacement in case of a defect. But this warranty does not apply to that new tracker extending the time. The period of warranty would be only applicable on your original purchase until the 365 days have expired.

Also, if you received a replacement within the warranty (365 days) it does not mean it won't be valid after this. So, if your tracker fails again and your tracker is still between the time of the original warranty, you might be eligible for a replacement based on the resolution of our Support Team, this applies until the stipulated time of the warranty had expired.

You can reach Fitbit Support on your preferred channel: https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

If there's something else you'd like me to assist you with, let me know. 

I am a bit concerned and want to ask for clarification on this. My face fell off yesterday first time and I bought my watch sept 27 2017. I almost went a year without any issue. My concern is that I'm 25 days shy of my 1 year warranty deadline.  Fitbit is replacing my watch but what if my replacement fails in the next 3 to 11 months. Will Fitbit not replace because I'm over my warranty?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best advice ever.  I live overseas in Bangladesh and yes, indeed, my Samsung Galaxy can be fixed always in an hour.  I am sure he has better adhesive.  This is my second Ionic and I love it too much to have to wait for a replacement.  Great advice!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine flipped open this morning.  I pushed it back down again & it is still working.  I have ordered a silicon screen protector for it from EBay & until that arrived I have rubber band around it - unsightly, but it is holding it together.

Best Answer

Hey, rubber band does work!  Why didn't I think of that before.   Then my magician Samsung phone repair shop can put adhesive to seal it up.  Living and working in Bangladesh means I cannot send back easily to the company.  Did it once this summer.  It was not taking a charge.  Now this happens.  But I am enamored with the Ionic still the same

Best Answer
The silicone cover works well. Both times my watch face fell off the insides popped out!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Thanks for all of your reports regarding the screen falling off. Also, thanks for sharing all your feedback.

I want to help you out to contact customer support to get further assistance. So, is it possible for you to share a picture of your Ionic's screen showing it fell off? That way, I can send this information to customer support and it will be easier for them to understand the situation you are going through. 

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought a silicon screen protector, but it didn’t work. The screen still flipped open after just 10 minutes of light exercise, so I took it back to the retailer where it came from. It was still under warranty so they replaced it with a new one. It is up to them to send the original one back to Fitbit.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
Wow! Sorry the screen protector didn’t work. Fitbit is offering no solutions for this problem. Very frustrating!!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

So the Ionic screen falls off and the Versa gives you a nasty rash on your wrist 😞 So hard to decide which to get, upgrading from a Blaze...

Best Answer

I just received my Ionic yesterday in the mail. I've worn fitbit products since they first came out (pre-ordered the first one). I was just talking to someone who has had his ionic replaced 3 times in less than a year because the screen popped out of each one, and his wife's ionic just had the screen pop out.  I didn't buy the extended warrantee because I take care of my fitbit products. I don't feel I should have to pay $60 to extend the warrantee plus another $25 to replace my ionic each time the screen pops out after a year. What is Fitbit doing about this known issue? Very frustrated I didn't know about this issue because I bought my Ionic. And, I bought the ionic because my heart rate monitor on my Charge 2 stopped working after a little over a year. Hmm. Seems while the quality of the Fitbit is more impressive on site, the products are still having issues. I'd like to hear from someone at Fitbit telling us how they will address this known issue when we are out of warranttee and what we can do to fix it.

Best Answer
I have been asking them that since I started this post. I am on my 3rd watch and the watch face fell off the first ones within a few months of purchase. They keep saying they will share my feedback but t nothing is being done. So disappointing. I bought a silicone screen protector to slip over the face to hopefully hold it on. I got it on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have purchased both the TPU  full watch case as well as a liquid skin screen protector. When I got it on friday I put the TPU case on to protect it until I got around to putting the screen protector on. While the TPU case does protect the watch, if does detract from the watch, and I'd prefer not to use it. To have to use it because of a defect in the watch is infuriating. Knowing I bought this with a known defect which has been ignored by Fitbit is infuriating.

Best Answer
I agree! I have been sending emails to Fitbit asking for someone in authority to get involved. I’m not getting anywhere!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
  1. They already have my broken watch. I have asked them what they found out as there is a rumor that the glue that holds the face on can’t take any sort of heat. They will not confirm or deny this rumor. They now have asked for my first broken watch since this has happened to me twice. I am going to send them it but again they tell me nothing about the problem. 
Best Answer

They need to issue a recall and replace all of our Ionic's with ones where the screen won't fall out once they have identified the issue. This issue has been going on for so long I can't believe they do not know what is causing the issue.

Best Answer

I feel they are just waiting until our 1 year warranty runs out and I have told them this. They ignore that comment.

Best Answer

Someone mentioned going to a Samsung phone repair shop.  I live in Dhaka Bangladesh so I cannot send and resend back to the factory so easily.  Indeed, he had the sealant and sealed it and it works perfectly.  Perhaps I ruined getting a warrenty, but it is fixed finally.  And it definitely was heat that made it open.  It gets very hot here.  But after applying the sealant, it has stayed intact.  Too bad for Fitbit.  They had a fatal flaw but other than the sealant, I love my Ionic Fitbit

Best Answer

I also purchased the Ionic in Oct 2017 and the face has fallen off. If I am not mistaken, they were  first released about that time. We must have purchased the first batch of defects. Fitbit informed me my warranty expired and I have to purchased a new watch. just to have this happened again. How about not selling defective products. I will never buy another Fitbit anything.  Those of you who had this happen, what brand do you use now. 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
I received my first Fitbit Ionic for Christmas 2017. The screen became loose & started flapping during exercise in September. As it was still under warranty, it was replaced with a new Ionic which I am still wearing. Hopefully this one will not have the same problem.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

I have had my Fitbit Ionic since Oct 2107. After one year this is what has happened.fitbit ionic

Best Answer