Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ionic screen falls off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The entire face fell off my ionic and all of its guts came out! They replaced it in December and today the face fell off the replacement too. Anyone else having this problem? I am not rough on the watch and I have never dropped it.

Best Answer
270 REPLIES 270

My screen just came loose on my Versa 2. Still seems to work, though. Going to a cell phone repair shop tomorrow because I've seen they have a similar black adhesive used for phones.

Best Answer

I have two Fitbit iconic’s I loved my first one and when the screen came off I thought it was down to my misuse so got a second and same thing happened so now have two unusable watches have lost faith in Fitbit now have the scales as well shame really 

Best Answer

Yes, the product is infamous for this happening.  I have given up returning them and once a month use two pieces of clear tape to hold the face of the watch to the case.  Now I find they are recalled...not a surprise.  I think the seal failing for no reason was a bigger reason for a recall. 

Exactly, same issue.  I got tired of replacements and just use two pieces of scotch tape and call it a day.  For 300.00 you think they could use the proper glue.

I think super glue would have worked better than what they let the factory in China use.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Make sure you go through the process to get your money back. I thought I would try the Versa. Do you know of any issues with it?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I had a problem with my first versa, purchased another one and the same problem. The screen fell off both of them. Fitbit did not want to replace my versa because it was a day past the warranty.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can’t get your money back on the iconic with the recall as you need to log it into you Fitbit dashboard and as it has no screen on it makes it hard work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, I am out of luck as my watch was rendered completely useless when the face fell off. Fitbit should have been recalling these watches for the subpar quality years ago. I, just like many other Ionic owners, are now out of luck when it comes to the recall because my watch cannot even be connected to my account. Thanks for nothing Fitbit! 

Best Answer

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes
What about the versa? Same problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you saying that the screen fell off of the Versa too?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The screen is only held on by an adhesive. But heat (maybe from the battery?) can cause that adhesive to become ineffective and so the screen just falls off.

A better design would be to invert the housing around the screen. In that way, the screen goes in first from the other side, and use a sealant or adhesive to keep moisture from getting in. Then the frame would hold the screen in place.

Best Answer