Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ionic screen falls off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The entire face fell off my ionic and all of its guts came out! They replaced it in December and today the face fell off the replacement too. Anyone else having this problem? I am not rough on the watch and I have never dropped it.

Best Answer
270 REPLIES 270

So they are not trying to replace my less than 60 day old watch and the face popped off.. they said it is not manufacturing warranty issue.

I am so ticked... I am moving on to someone better if they don't replace it... so very disappointed. 

Best Answer

I have had mine since December 2017. Many sweaty workouts/swimming/showers..It has still held up.

Best Answer
That is awesome for you! To bad I have not had the same experience.
Best Answer
The watch comes with a one year warranty. Unless you damaged it, they have to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I know and I didn't damage it I literally wear it while walking on a
treadmill. No swimming nothing rough. Which is why I am so alarmed. This is
not my first fitbit I had a charge prior to this. This is my first and last
Versa.
Best Answer
You have a Versa? We have been talking about the Ionic. I didn’t know the Versa had the same problem. Not good!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Feelbitfit wrote:
I totally agree. I wrote them a letter when I mailed my Fitbit back at their request and never heard a response. I also voiced my concerns to a customer service rep. who didn’t know anything about the Ionic and I voiced my concern on an email response and still heard nothing back. They just sent the new watch in the mail. This tells me that they are aware that there is a problem but they don’t know how to fix it. My warranty is up in October and I am concerned. This is my 3rd watch and the screen fell off both prior watches.

Sent from my iPad

I have the similar experience. How did you go with enforcing the warranty could you quickly write up?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I talked to a customer service rep. Who had to talk to a Ionic technician. They sent me an email and asked me to mail my broken Ionic to them. They were going to look at it. They then sent a second email and told me they would send a replacement. It took about a month. You should offer to send them your watch so they can see you didn’t abuse it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa screen just fell off!  Same issue, you can see the circuit board now....this is clearly a very common problem. I sent them photo and they are replacing it, but this is clearly a common problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, buy the light plastic screen protector on Amazon. It slips over it and I believe it is holding it together. They certainly aren’t admitting to this problem which will be a real issue once the year warranty is up.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I imagine this is what is happening on the spate of watches failing when they get wet or when swimming maybe?

Best Answer

Never got mine wet.  The seal holding the watch on just must somehow not last very long.  

Best Answer

I didnt get mine wet as well....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I meant maybe that's how the water is getting in. A poor fitting screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No swimming or getting it wet here. Just exercise in the gym. Some people think it’s the heat but I’m inside. So, I don’t know.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I believe it is a design flaw. The watch cover lays flat with just a thin adhesive holding it on top. No protection around the sides of the watch face. I think it just comes “unglued” over time.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I found out that the watches cannot handle a temp of 100. So body heat whilst at the gym or outside running or even just standing in the summer heat. Will cause the glue to become undone. In other words the watches were made poorly.

Best Answer
Makes sense. I was doing heavy cardio both times the faces fell off. I have an issue with them showing commercials on TV where they are rock climbing and playing basketball. Surely that would get your temperature up. Now I want to know how they are going to fix it!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with the Fitbit trackers.  

I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services which lead us to release new Fitbit trackers. 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

When a tracker suffers damage while under warranty, you can contact Customer Support. Discounts and replacements depend on tracker model and other factors.

Additionally to this, I'd like to add that the warranty in most of the regions is only for 365 days. (In Europe due to the law, is extended for 2 years). This means that your tracker will be covered for a full year and during this period of time you can receive any replacement in case of a defect. But this warranty does not apply to that new tracker extending the time. The period of warranty would be only applicable on your original purchase until the 365 days have expired.

Also, if you received a replacement within the warranty (365 days) it does not mean it won't be valid after this. So, if your tracker fails again and your tracker is still between the time of the original warranty, you might be eligible for a replacement based on the resolution of our Support Team, this applies until the stipulated time of the warranty had expired.

You can reach Fitbit Support on your preferred channel: https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

If there's something else you'd like me to assist you with, let me know. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I believe I speak for everyone when I say our issue is what are you going to do about the screens falling off? What process have you put in place to ensure the screens will not continue to fall off? How would you fix our current watches? We do not want to hear that the liability is up in one year and we are stuck with watches that will not operate properly. We need a fix for this screen falling off. So far you have not given us an answer to that. It is obviously a design flaw that needs a remedy!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer