Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get the Ionic to sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This seems quite a common thing, but I'm starting my own post after reading that several people have experienced similar issues. As the title says, I cannot get my Fitbit Ionic to sync to the app on my phone and I don't know what I can do about it.

The watch has previously been unreliable with when it will sync. Sometimes it would work for me at home (where I have a WiFi connection) and occasionally at work (where I have no WiFi), sometimes it would sync automatically, but mostly I would have to manually sync it. However it now hasn't synced for over 10 DAYS! I have tried every day to get it to sync, including (but not limited to) the following:

• Restarting my phone
  • Un-pairing and repairing the Ionic from my devices
  • Manually trying to sync from within the app
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app
  • Restarting the watch itself. None of it has worked.

I have had the watch since the start of the year and I enjoy its day-to-day uses, i.e. counting steps/calories and logging exercise, but the fact that I can't see my past days activity is ridiculous. One of the reasons I was given this watch was so I could track my sleep, but I can't do that if I can't get it to sync. Surely it shouldn't be this stressful. Can someone please help me with the following questions?

1) How can I get my Ionic to sync?

2) Can I get it to sync without losing the past 10 days of activity and sleep?

3) Is there anything I can do to encourage it to sync more easily and stop this problem from happening again?

Any pointers are appreciated. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I don't see any mention of what phones you are having issues with.

It seems that some are having issues with the latest app.

Best Answer

I'm new to the Fitbit world (as of today) and was running into the same type of problem.  I had the app setup on two devices (Galaxy Tab E and Windows 10 laptop) - Android Galaxy was unreliable, laptop has been great - syncs continually and seems stable (at least for the last 4hrs of use).  Are you able to try syncing to another device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem for me and I have been through every single troubleshooting step (including factory reset which actually had my Ionic unusable for 24hrs).

Ive tried several devices:

iPhone 8

Lenovo laptop with Bluetooth (Windows 10)

Nextbook tablet (Android 6.0.1)

all of them them see the Ionic, but will only sync if I set it up as a new device and that doesn’t even work all the time. Before this I had trouble syncing but usually switching my connection from WiFi to LTE or vice versa would work. I will have had mine for a year at 8:46pm tomorrow. 

Its just one of the many numerous issues I’ve had with my Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

o.k. I spoke too soon.  I tried to change the watchface (using Windows 10 app) and the update failed.  Now my Windows 10 laptop can't find the Ionic (I've had my Bose bluetooth headphones connected to both the Samsung tablet and Windows 10 laptop for a while with no issue at all).

For Windows 10 I removed all BT devices - no luck, no sync.

Started all over again - removed Fitbit app from the Windows 10 laptop and the Tablet.  Set the Ionic back to factory, installed the Fitbit app on the tablet and I'm running through the setup again.

The setup shouldn't be this tough - if it doesn't work this time around it's going back tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the last app update on my iphone7, several times after syncing, it takes steps away. I just synced my Ionic and lost 700 steps. Tuesday I lost over 2000 steps after syncing. WHAT THE HE** IS GOUNG ON????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cannot make the ionic to sync.   Tell me what to do

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh stop making excuses about COVID 19. People pay for support with this overpriced gadget, so get to supporting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes