Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I update the firmware version?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Around April 28 I had a lot of issues when I updated to Firmware 27.70.7.27  which end with Fitbit sending me a replacement Ionic because it started counting steps even when I slept.
The good news is that the new Ionic is working and updating great.
However a few days ago a message appeared on my Ionic advising that a new Firmware Udpate is available. I am a little hesitant to jump right in and update due to the issues that the last update caused. Also the chatter on the forum is from many customers have had their Ionic's "bricked" in a recent Firmware update (I'm not too sure if they are referring to the version that disabled my Ionic or this new pending Firmware version).

Can someone  from Fitbit please advise if the new Firmware Udpate  safe to install and does Fitbit the company recommend that I proceed with this latest Firmware update?
Regards
Paul

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Psm11f, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for your post and for all the details that were shared, I understand your concern about the firmware update that's available for your Fitbit Ionic. Let me share with you that we always recommend our users to keep everything up to date, this way you'll not experience some connection difficulties with your device and your phone at the moment you try to sync them. At this moment your Ionic is working with no issues at all, however, when we release Fitbit app updates, such updates are released to work with the latest firmware version of Fitbit devices, therefore, you can experience some difficulties in the future if you don't 

On the other hand, if you experience an issue after updating the firmware version of your device, keep in mind that we will be here ready to help you out. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes