Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change auto-pause settings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I turned auto-pause on for both running and biking. But when I stop at a light or to fix something, the clock continues to run for at least 10-20 seconds before stopping. Then if I even take a small step sideways or move my arms around it will say I resumed "running" at a 45 min/mile pace. Then it takes several seconds to stop again, if ever. Can I change the settings so it stops faster and so I don't have to stand perfectly still for it to actually pause? Other trackers have the option to pause if you're going slower than say a 12 min/mile pace, or they at least don't count tiny steps and small movements as running or biking at 1-2 mph.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I assume it is sensing the movement of your hands as continuing to think you are moving.

If it were not to pause when you were going 1-2 mph, how would it tell the difference from walking (during a run) or going very slowly up a steep grade (while biking)?

Best Answer

I have been comparing my Fitbit Ionic auto-pause with my Nike Running Phone App auto-pause and they are virtually identical.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @jtblanton! Currently, it's not possible to change this setting. However, you may want to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board. Those are viewed by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote and comment on them. 

Thanks for sharing your experience @gunnmike! Just as you mentioned, if you stop moving for a few moments you'll fell your watch vibrate indicating that activity is paused. 

Hope I can continue seeing you around. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer