Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change phone number for Fitbit Pay

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried setting up Fitbit Pay but it want's to send a confirmation code to a phone I lost about 5 years ago.

I can find no where to change (or even show) my phone number!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hey there @EastPerthBob, thanks for stopping by! Hmmm... I'm not sure what's is your inquiry or question. You don't have a mobile phone at the moment?

You don’t need to have your phone nearby to use Fitbit Pay. After you set up Fitbit Pay, you can make payments from your watch and leave your phone at home.

If you lost both devices (Ionic and mobile phone), you can log into your fitbit.com dashboard on a phone, tablet, or computer to delete the cards you added to Fitbit Pay. You can still make payments using the physical debit or credit cards, so contact your bank if the cards were lost or stolen.

Keep in mind that no one can use your watch to make a payment without first entering your personal 4-digit PIN code. 

In the meantime, I'd recommend taking a look at this article "What should I know about Fitbit Pay" to get all information about using Fitbit Pay and its features. 

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @EastPerthBob. It's pretty weird that it wants to send you a confirmation code to a phone you lost about 5 years ago. I would like you to confirm you're following these steps to set up Fitbit Pay on your Ionic, in some cases your bank may require additional verification like maybe this is the phone your bank has registered, you may want to call them directly so you can change it. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hey,

First Fitbit today and little did I know I put my old phone number in not the current one. I can’t send a verification to my number to verify to bank card ... there is nothing on any website that tells you how to change your mobile only email ... and no, I’m not looking for notification help but on how to verify a bank card without my number ... or add current mobile to it.

Thanks

Best Answer

Hey there @Zepster! I've moved your post to this thread as seems you're having the same issue. 

I would like to get more details about what you're experiencing, so I can continue assisting you: 

- Could you share the steps you've followed when you got this issue?

- Do you have a screenshot of what you're getting? 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

Hey, sorry for late reply.

step 1. Add in card

step 2. It asks for mobile to send verification for card

step 3. Added old mobile in (recently just purchased a new number)

step 4. Can’t receive verification code for debit card as the code got send to old number and there is no other option except sending it to the old number.

how come you can’t update your mobile number? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Zepster. I appreciate the further details you've mentioned. I would like you to uninstall Fitbit Pay from your Ionic and then install it once again, this should allow you to input your current phone number. 

1. With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon () > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. In the list of apps installed on your watch, find the app you want to remove and tap or click it. You may have to scroll down to see some of the apps.
  4. Tap or click the app > Remove.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  Wants to verify to a wrong number.  Number at the bank is correct.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @schneidernet! I appreciate that you've double check the number at the bank. I would like you to uninstall Fitbit Pay from your Ionic and then install it once again, this will allow you to input you current phone number. 

To do so:  

1. With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon () > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. In the list of apps installed on your watch, find the app you want to remove and tap or click it. You may have to scroll down to see some of the apps.
  4. Tap or click the app > Remove.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - I am having the same issue. 
There is no option to uninstall Fitbit pay

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would advise you to solve such issues directly with the Bank because in our time it is very easy to fall for the bait of scammers by calling some obscure number that you will find on the Internet. I myself encountered a similar situation when I received an SMS to my phone to urgently contact the Bank operator at 844-247-6688 and after the answering machine, the call was reset. Of course, I tried to call several times, but the same thing happened, my call went to the answering machine and then was reset. Then I got an SMS on my phone that my number was charged $ 129 and I have no idea where my money could have gone. After checking this number, it turned out to be absolutely clean. Has anyone experienced this?

Best Answer
0 Votes