Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track standing time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was just wondering if Fit-bit could do a reading for "Standing"  over a period of time like they do for steps and walking.  Is anyone else interested in this also? 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Interesting idea @Trickyazzo but given they already have a the hourly move tracking, I’m not sure what further benefit it would offer. However you could suggest it Here in the Feature Suggestions section

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to see that as I have a standing desk at work and the Ionic keeps telling me to "move" but i have been standing the whole time.

Best Answer
Hi Mark,

I also have a standing desk and I too would love to know the percentage of
how much I am standing on every hour also.
I like the steps every hour also but not the same. I know the Apple Watch
has this feature if would be nice for Fit Bit to have it also.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Trickyazzo @MarkLewis

Thanks for sharing your inquiry, let me help you out. Your idea caught my attention so I check the Feature Suggestions Board and didn't find anything similar idea so i recommend sharing it on the ideas board.

Our product development teams consult regularly this board to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback.

See you around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Hi Mark,

thank you for replying to my suggestion and posting it on the Feature Suggestions Board,  let hope they can do something with it..

Best Answer

Yes, agree!! I work all day at a standing desk with breaks and feel sure that requires expending energy!!

Best Answer

Not sure if they have made allowance  for this as heard nothing back from

fitbit as yet 😞

Best Answer
I’ll carry on anyway....better than sitting!!

Sent from my iPad Air2
Best Answer

Is there any progress with this request? I think it would be beneficial. If the calculators are correct, I could burn up to 800 cals more a day standing for four hours if my work day. This is significant and would be motivating to track. Please consider adding this option.

Best Answer

Apple watches track standing time along with steps and other exercise. My sister gets points for standing along with her other activities. She says the goal is 12 hours a day standing. It certainly should be tracked by these fancy Fitbits!

Best Answer
I do agree

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I just spent 11 straight hours working at my standup desk.  Google suggests that means 650 calories.  How can I log this?  There is no such activity category visible in the mobile app. 

Best Answer