Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issue with Ionic and phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm currently on my second Ionic due to the last one not being able to connect to my phone.  Tried all the troubleshooting a number of times.  Now the replacement is doing the same and to say I'm a little peeved is an understatement.  I've used Fitbits for years, but the Ionic has really turned me off this brand now.  Thinking of going for Apple Watch 6 series.  I appreciate it's very expensive, but it's better than not being able to sync my device!

It's never really worked with notifications, but that didn't really bother me too much.

Anybody else had the same issues with the Ionic?  Any tips before I head to the Apple Store?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @MissChilli, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here. This connection difficulty you're currently experiencing seems to be with your mobile device rather than the Fitbit itself, this is the reason why you're not receiving notifications either. That said, can you please let me know which phone are you using with your Ionic? Is your device not completing the syncing procedure or isn't connecting to the Bluetooth settings of your phone? When was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then?

If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed. Then, you can move forward and try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer

Hi 

My phone is the iPhone 11 with the latest IOS.  I have DM'd customer support and they suggested that I do a factory reset, which appears to have resolved the issue.  If it is a mobile issue, I did try using the Windows 10 App as well and that didn't work.

My frustration is that this device is less than 12 months old and I've had two issues where syncing completely went (different phones)  The first time I was sent a new Ionic and this time it was a factory reset.  Fortunately, I'm not an elite athlete that exercises every day 🙂 , so losing some data  isn't a big deal, but the inconvenience is, so I'm hoping this doesn't happen again.  I like Fitbit as a whole, I'm just not overly impressed with the Ionic. (maybe Fitbit aren't and that is why it's not sold anymore.........

I have now got a new clock face and that has improved visibility in the sunlight which I'm really happy with.

So in essence, a Happy user at this moment in time 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes