Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Crash when opening Alarms app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

12/05 Update: This issue should be corrected with Ionic's new update, which is available today. Thanks everyone for your patience and assistance in getting this resolved.

10/19 Update: I've confirmed with out team that a fix for this will be included in Ionic's next firmware release. We haven't announced a specific date for the update, but this issue should be fully resolved once it is available.

It sounds like some users have had success with performing a factory restart on their device, so this is also an option to try if you don't mind taking the time to set things up again.

Our team is aware that some users see their Ionic crash when accessing the Alarms app, and are working to get this issue resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience while we work to address this.

Moderator edit: added label

Best Answer
151 REPLIES 151

When is this firmware update happening?! It's been over a month since this thread started and I'm now experiencing this issue. Somehow I don't think my partner wants to be woken up 2 hours earlier than his alarm by my BLARING alarm because that's the only alarm that will wake me up other than my Fitbit vibrating. I understand that it's a known issues and you're working on a fix. But at least give us a timeline to expect it by! I desperately need this to work so my partner doesn't try to kill me for waking him up so early every day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jkaramo wrote:

Matthew,

Thanks for the response, I look forward to the next firmware update.

FitAlexS - Glad you have time to read 7 pages worth of comments. I'm just looking for an answer so I can move on. The moderator has provided me with such, so feel free to get the last word in as I have better things to do with my time.

Yes I have had the time to read the thread. This stops me from wasting peoples time answering repeat questions and sending useless notifications to everybody. Imagine if everybody didn't read the thread how conversations on the internet would happen.

If you don't have time to read threads then send an email to support and stop badgering everybody else.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Anthobbit wrote:

When is this firmware update happening?! It's been over a month since this thread started and I'm now experiencing this issue. Somehow I don't think my partner wants to be woken up 2 hours earlier than his alarm by my BLARING alarm because that's the only alarm that will wake me up other than my Fitbit vibrating. I understand that it's a known issues and you're working on a fix. But at least give us a timeline to expect it by! I desperately need this to work so my partner doesn't try to kill me for waking him up so early every day!

The answers are already in this thread, this has been answered multiple times.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've owned a Force, a Charge HR, a Blaze and an Ionic. But for the Ionic, the iOS app was able to add/delete/modify the alarms. Wouldn't a stop-gap measure be to allow the app to modify the alarm on the Ionic?
Best Answer

I'm pretty sure that isn't right, FitAlexS, but perhaps you can point us all in the right direction? The closest I've read is "will be coming soon" in MatthewFitbit's replies including to me on 11/16. However when he posted that the link he gave us to "read more" pointed right back at this thread. He has not yet had a chance to respond to my request to correct the link. Perhaps he got buried in the flood of people asking this same question over and over...? Not sure.

In any case, the answer to the question of when the firmware update will happen has not yet been given as far as I've been able to detect. Are you able to set me right on that?

Best Answer

FitAlexS if you bothered to read the thread like you claim to have done you'd see what was pointed out in a comment 2 below your childish comment. 

All that's been posted so far is "it's coming" with no timeline. Hence why I didn't ask a REPEAT question and asked for further clarification. 

At the risk of having a useful thread shutdown I'm not going to say what I think of your comments but leave that to yourself to figure out.

Best Answer

@Anthobbit wrote:

FitAlexS if you bothered to read the thread like you claim to have done you'd see what was pointed out in a comment 2 below your childish comment. 

All that's been posted so far is "it's coming" with no timeline. Hence why I didn't ask a REPEAT question and asked for further clarification. 

At the risk of having a useful thread shutdown I'm not going to say what I think of your comments but leave that to yourself to figure out.

Claim? Well you still haven't read the thread then because you would have noticed I have posted throughout.

Anyway please stop being silly and get on with your life. You may have already spammed the thread with the same old repeat questions, but there is no need to hijack it as well to satisfy your ego. So much for your last word.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue should be corrected with Ionic's new update, which is available today.

Thanks everyone for your patience and assistance in getting this resolved.

Best Answer

Still not resolved. Please tell us how we can reset it and I also need to speak with Customer Service but cannot find the # to call. 

Best Answer

@VJE As mentioned above, this issue was resolved in Ionic's most recent firmware update. I'd recommend following these steps to ensure you've got that latest release. If you're still encountering trouble, please let us know the specific details of what you're seeing, or you can reach out to Support via the channels on this page.

Best Answer

Hi Matthew - do you have a list of bugfixes/functionality etc that were in this release? Just so we know what to now expect.

I took on the firmware update today, but have no visibility of clock faces or lab on the mobile/desktop app or device. Being in the UK I presume there is no FitBit Pay capability yet.

Thanks

Steve

---
FitBit Ionic (v27:31:1:16), Win10.0 x64, Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android 7.0, Kernel 3.18.14)
Previously Flex and Surge
United Kingdom
Best Answer

@sharrop The release notes for this update can be found here. They don't explicitly define the bugs that were fixed, but I can confirm that the alarm crash was among them.

UK does have some Pay capability - you can see the list of banks here, with more slated for the future.

Best Answer
0 Votes