Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Interval Timer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

Am thinking of purchasing an Ionic.. Am I able to create and save Custom Interval Timers?  Am looking for these features:

* intervals from 2 seconds - 8 seconds (for a group fitness class)

* unique beep/sound pattern for each different interval

* ability to save multiple custom intervals.

Thank you, 

Jeff

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@jeff0305 wrote:

Hello,

Am thinking of purchasing an Ionic.. Am I able to create and save Custom Interval Timers?  Am looking for these features:

* intervals from 2 seconds - 8 seconds (for a group fitness class)

* unique beep/sound pattern for each different interval

* ability to save multiple custom intervals.

Thank you, 

Jeff

Hi @jeff0305,

1. Yes, you can set an interval down to 2 seconds.

2. There are no beeps or sounds, as the Ionic doesn't have a speaker. It uses vibration.

3. Only 1 interval saved at a time on the Ionic, no multiples yet.

#3 might be enabled in the future with an app (or there may already be one I'm not aware of).

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

If using with Bluetooth headphones are interval sounds/beeps possible?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't tried, but based on the discussion of audio cues, it appears to be possible.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's an Interval Workout as an exercise shortcut option for the Ionic Exercise app.  It is customisable for rest and move times and repeats. But only one session can be saved. 

It would be awesome if Fitbit could add a warm up and cool down timer to the Interval Workout  too - at the moment I log a separate exercise for those. 

There is also a Tabata Timer app available which you could customise as a second Interval workout.  e.g.  I use the Interval Workout for runs and the Tabata app for planks.

There are some other apps available that I haven't tried that may suit you too - HIIT and RunWalk are some options and there's more being added all the time. 

Robyn

Best Answer
0 Votes