Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not cleared Sync & try again

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This happend during i erase my data.

I disconnect pair and what should i do?

please help me Man Sad

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

My ionic, went dead I did a recharge to 100 percent but then the heart rate sensor kept saying "null" and within 7 hours the device battery went to 5 percent , seconds later dies. I charge it again this time it took hours just to reach 50 percent, I decide lets tell it to factory reset and it starts resetting then shows a big X and says reset failed trying syncing. now I already deleted the app from my phone so the watch is just stuck in this cycle of the big X  if I hold a button in it resets goes right back the same screen a big X saying reset failed try syncing......  help

Best Answer

I reset the watch .  Then I got the “data not cleared sync and retry “. I did it about 5 times & it finally cleared .  My ionic is all good now. I did the Set up again.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not true, unpaired device will still result in the same defunct.  There is no way around this at all as far as I'm concerned. What a disappointment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@moodam1wrote:

Not true, unpaired device will still result in the same defunct.  There is no way around this at all as far as I'm concerned. What a disappointment.

You are right I think.  Several people are saying it will be fine if you unpair first but my experience is that is not the case.  Maybe some people got lucky.  Either way it should not be an issue - a factory settings reset should be exactly that - data should be cleared and it should work like it did out of the box!

The only thing to do may be to return the Ionic and get a replacement.  For what it's worth, I think this is something which can be fixed by a firmware and app update, so hopefully Fitbit will sort it at some point.

Best Answer

It worked for me, managed to make the red cross disappear.

I did these steps exactly:

1. Unpair the Ionic inside the App

2. Unpair the Ionic in the phones bluetooth profile. (and switched bluetooth off in the phone)

3. Switch off the Phone.

4. Hard reset the Ionic ( kept the 3 buttons pushed at the same Time.)

5. Restart the Phone. (put bluetooth back on)

6. Add the Ionic again.

Best Answer

Had the same issue, red cross after factory reset because it was not syncing. Yes tried everything before factory resetting this device.

Anyway, afer removing Bluetooth pairs, (yes it seemed to have two bluetooth connections?)

Then restart app and another factory reset on the watch, (by holding all three buttons for 30 second's). The app setup process complete the pairing of the Bluetooth and setting up.

Thanks for the help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! Thanks for the details that each of you have mentioned regarding the red x screen or the data not cleared message you were getting. 

If you ever get this message or error you can try the following: 

- Unpair Fitbit Ionic from your app (Ionic> settings> scroll down> remove Ionic) 

- Forget the watch from Bluetooth settings 

- Restart your phone 

Set up the watch again

Once again, I appreciate that you've shared the solution that has worked for each of you. 

I'll be around if you have any other question! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this several times to no avail. Finally it did. keep trying! 

Best Answer

I had the same problem, tried all the same things.  It was only when my phone battery was above 50% that it worked.

Good luck everyone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been up for 2 hours trying to fig this out. Finally came across your post, and tried replacing my versa in the Fitbit app and it worked! I had the big red circle with the X saying data not cleared resync and try again. 

Best Answer

Thanks man that worked awesome I got my son's ionic working again. Cheers.

Best Answer

This worked 100%! Thank you!

Best Answer

I am wanting to sell my Ionic, and yet every time I try to do a factory reset, it brings up that red X and says Data not cleared, sync and try again. I don't want to sync again, I want it back to the factory preset so I can sell it. Is there a workaround?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this Philvb

1. Remove the Ionic from your account.
  2. Delete the bluetooth pairing.
  3. Press and hold all buttons on the device.
  4. Wait until the Fitbit logo disappears, then release the bottom right button.
  5. Wait until you feel a vibration, then release the other buttons.
  6. You will probably see a red X message, just ignore that
  7. goto setting and select shut down
  8. DONE! (Place it back into the package)
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a reply to 'DrBlake' post.

Hi There, tried steps 1-5, got the red X message noted in step 6 and could not progress further.  Hence cannot see how it would be possible to progress to step 7 let alone step 8.  Had numerous attempts and still issue unresolved :(.  There must be something else or a step missing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This message is in response 'SilviaFitbit' post.

Hi, did not work following your suggestion.  Red X remains despite multiple hard reset, unpairing the device both in the phone blue tooth and fitbit app, uninstall fitbit app, reinstall the app, shutdown the mobile phone, restart the mobile phone, blah blah blah the whole kitchen kaboodle.  Ionic played up on Mon 12/11/18 and have invested countless hours trying to bring it back to working order.  Had the device 10 months or so.  Efforts and time invested was of no success, disappointed and would not be investing in another fitbit device.

Best Answer

The steps above did not work for me after multiple tries. The install process would fail on android and I'd be stuck with big red X.

I eventually got it to work by installing the app on an iPhone. After setting it up on the iPhone, I was able to reconnect it on my Android and it is working again. What a pain in the butt. So many hours messing with this thing! Seems like it will work for a few weeks, then notifications stop working and I have to reinstall everything.

Last fitbit for me since they haven't resolved this firmware/software issue for over a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After trying reset the Fitbit by going into settings, I got the error message. 

After trying a few of the suggestions this is what worked for me.

Unpair from phone bluetooth

Unpair from app

Now go to add new fitbit

While it is searching for the unit, hold the 3 buttons until the app finds it, the error message then changed to the green tick and connected to the app and started downloading the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, gave it another attempt this evening following your suggestion using the iPhone but without success. Was hopeful although I've already bought a replacement tracker and the new device so far is without all the bugs and hiccups experienced with the ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes