Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not cleared Sync & try again

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This happend during i erase my data.

I disconnect pair and what should i do?

please help me Man Sad

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

Hey everyone! Thanks for sharing the steps that have solved this issue for some of you, this has been helpful for others on the thread. I also appreciate the continuous feedback that has been provided. 

If you keep having this issue, I would like you to try the steps that are mentioned on my previous post

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just clarifying the replacement device I purchased is a samsung and not a fitbit.  The fitbit ionic with the red x is officially not working despite attempting all the suggestions posted.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
If your post suggestion is working for some whilst it's not working for what I can see a lot of ionic users then in my opinion there is a flaw with the device factory reset of a short coming with fitbit film ware.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

This seems very strange if you have try all of the solutions in this
thread. Was the Ionic watch updated with the latest Version of the software?
If so then at least one of these processes should have worked, but if you
are still having issues then this watch could be faulty?
Or
it could be the device's you are connecting to Via the Wifi may be playing
up. I have found the bluetooth only syncs some current data from the watch,
it is the Wifi that syncs the the updates, and Back logs more than a day
etc. and The Watch can hold More than 2 months of data.
Both Watch, Phone and Wifi contact must be without interruption and charged
to 98% and no More.
you could also try if installed, removing any app on the watch
I have also had a watch that was faulty and FitBit replaced it via the
retail shop I purchased from.
But this watch did not turn on after the update and wouldn't charge.

Hope this helps
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic has the same red X message. I have tried all of the previously mentioned solutions without any success... Help Please...

Best Answer

Thank you for the tip, just had the same issue and tried your suggestion. My Fitbit Ionic is now working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the Dreaded  Red X on my Ionic Fitbit and this is the best way to recover from it, and I will list the steps below.

1. Turn off your phone, after you turn back on unpair the bluetooth on your phone.

2. reinstall the app if you have not already uninstalled it, or you are going to have to uninstall then turn your phone off again. 

3. Reinstall the app, then Log Back in to your App. 

4. Continue to Set up from Like the First time you are going to use it.

5. Try not to reset with the 3 buttons unless you want a headache on your hands.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did this work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So frustrating...should I use computer or phone to reset everything?  Please help!!!  Ionic is not attached to anything and I still can't get it to sync.  Still shows giant RED X, and "Data not cleared try again"

Do I need to reload the app on my computer, on my phone.  Not sure which venue I should be using.  UGGHH!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

ITS NOT WORKING!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Yodar58. Sorry to hear about the issue that you're experiencing with your Ionic. 

The reset needs to be using a charging cable and Ionic, please follow the tips mentioned in this article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?. Since, this is an error message that you're getting on your watch, you don't need to reload the app. 

Let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That didn't work. It just keeps reshowing the data didn't clear sync and try again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hopefully you haven't had yours a year they might replace it. Mine was 14 months it was a no go. They offered a whopping 25% off my next purchase. Thanks but no thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Aj1977. I appreciate that you mentioned that you already have a case with our Support team. Each case is reviewed individually and the option that's provided is based in the Fitbit Warranty

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just encountered this very same issue. Got a replacement Ionic when then touchscreen on my first Ionic started acting funky after over a year and a half (Hurray for EU warranty regulations). Though upon trying to setup the new Ionic, it seemed to have issues with my wifi setup (multiple roaming wifi access points with the same SSID). So, stuck in a loop during the first setup and firmware update. The data not cleared message appeared but still reconnected from within the app after unpairing everything.

The points mentioned in this post did work, but needed a few steps extra for me:

- Fire up my old 2.4GHz single Access point wifi network and have the Ionic connect to it

- Connect my iPhone X to power, so it wouldn't kick in any form of energy saving

- Set my iPhone X to keep the display turned on, also to prevent any connections from dropping while asleep

My Ionic just downloaded the update over my 'spare' wifi network and has just completed installing. Only took my a few hours...

So yeah, having to go through all this trouble just to setup the watch is far from user friendly. Being quite technical, I managed to figure it out, but how is someone with less technical skills supposed to do this? Madness, I'd say.

Anyway, mine is working. Just wanted to share some additional steps I needed.

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up and bought a Samsung. I thought Fitbit would value its customers. But it wouldn't appear so. Now I just need a Samsung scale so I can get rid of the aria scale. Glad you got yours working you should work for Fitbit. They couldn't help me at all.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aj1977 wrote:
I gave up and bought a Samsung.

Interesting choice; where I come from Samsung is even worse at supporting previous devices. Especially when you consider they're releasing new versions of their phones, tv's, etc every few months and won't even release any software updates for devices older than two years.

If I ever reach the point where I'm giving up on Fitbit, I'd rather switch to Garmin as my do-it-all device. They have great watches for a multitude of sports, do 24/7 activity tracking and hr, support mobile payments and even have spotify. Also, they last forever as does my 4-year old (non HR) Fenix 3 which still looks and performs pristine.

@Aj1977 wrote:
...you should work for Fitbit...

Ha, not sure if they'd be able to afford my software developer salary, as it seems they put all their budget into building new devices instead of fixing all existing bugs Smiley Wink

Sidenote: being a software developer, I know that bugs will always happen. It's how you fix the bugs and assist your customer base that makes the difference. This particular issue is a great example of something that still needs a lot of fixing; the Ionic is (still) sold for a premium price (bought mine for a whopping 349 EUR!), so it (firmware, support, etc) surely deserves more love from Fitbit. Luckily on my side of the pond, I'm protected by the strict EU regulations that protect consumers, I'm sure it would suck having to be on the other side where you'd be ignored from any decent support...

Best Answer
0 Votes

After having all the sync/notification issues in this thread and having to factory reset the watch every few months, mine finally just froze up and would not charge or reboot (probably a different issue). I gave up and bought a Garmin which I love. Sorry Fitbit - wish we could have made it work! That was a lot of $ for a watch that only worked sporadically for 18 months.

Best Answer

Thanks! This worked for me 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMGosh!  Thank you for this!.  I have not used my fibit for over a month because of this and now it works.

Best Answer