Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivating Side Buttons on Ionic During Exercise Mode

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wear my Ionic when doing heavy bag training and put it into an exercise mode during this to accurately track my heart rate during different circuits.  Most times when in this activity the glove will hit the side button on the Ionic pausing or ending the exercise session.  Is there a way to deactivate the side buttons?

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @cforgione7,

Sorry there isn't a way to disabled the hardware buttons while tracking exercise. I wear a sweat wristband over the tracker, and that seems to have stopped the accidental button presses.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

I bought an armor case band that also covers the buttons for my Ionic. It solved the accidental pressing of the buttons during bootcamp for me.

Best Answer

I have the same problem during cross country skiing. The gloves are pressing Pause/end buttons. I hope this Will be improved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those struggling with this issue, and have access to a 3d printer, I have designed a bumper style cover for the watch to prevent accidental presses. It is a quick 10 min print. I went through many iterations to come to this design, and it fits very snug and is not easy to accidentally knock off.

You can find it at:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4276842

Best Answer
0 Votes