Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective Ionic Watches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been looking thru the forum and was amazed at how many people are having issues with there Ionic shutting off  and not coming back on. My wife and I own one and both died. She decided to go with a Samsung watch. Is there a design defect in the model of Fitbit or they just on reliable for a year?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@jaybabby Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I'm glad to hear that you and your wife used Fitbit watches. If there's any bug or defect in Fitbit trackers, usually a main thread is created to let everyone else know. If you experience any issue, you can always contact us and we'll be happy to assist you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, there are literally hundreds of people with Ionic issues.  I've had 2 that have both completely failed in under a year each (first with days left on the warranty, second in less than 9 months).  Fitbit just wants me to spend more money ($250+) on defective, short lived items (of course they "graciously" offer a 25% discount on the purchase of yet a third Ionic).  It seems to be a systemic problem with the Ionic (and from what I read, a similar issue with the Versa) that Fitbit refuses to address.

Add to that the recent purchase of Fitbit by Google, and the accompanying concern about user information privacy, I would say a Samsung or Garmin would be a better choice for you.

That being said, I currently have a One, Alta HR and Surge that I still use.  But given the terrible life of my Ionics and the equally terrible customer support, I won't be buying another Fitbit product.

Best Answer