Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device lock not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic has come up with a message on the screen telling me to unlock with my phone. I've gone through the steps in the app to unblock, changed the pin and it then finishes on an error message saying "changed pin failed". The only option is to hit ok, leaving back at step one. Watch still tells me to go to my phone to unblock and the app goes round in circles not changing the pin.

I've turned the watch and phone off multiple times and even removed and reinstalled the ionic.

Please help there is a fix here!

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hey there @travisdwatson, it's nice to see you around the forums! Robot Very Happy Hmmm... this is very strange my friend. 

You must enter your PIN code at least once a day. Ionic prompts you to enter your PIN code based on your device lock setting:

• Enabled: Each time you put your watch on your wrist.
  • Enabled for Fitbit Pay: First time you make a payment after your put your watch back on your wrist. 

Note that your card issuer may require you to re-enter your PIN code to authorize a payment. 

To change the device lock setting:

1. On Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon  > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Device Lock.
  3. Tap or click to change your device lock setting.

If you enter an incorrect PIN code 10 times, you're prompted to unlock your Fitbit watch with your paired phone.

User-added image

To unlock your watch with your phone:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image. 
  2. Tap or click Device Lock.
  3. Find the option to reset your PIN code. 

Note that after you reset your PIN code, you must add your cards to Fitbit Pay as if you were setting it up for the first time.

Let me know if this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

No it does not work. Read the complaint! The procedure does not change the code. It just goes round and round in circles. There is no apparent way to reset this. It is obviously a software error and even fit bit doesn’t seem to have the answer.

Best Answer

This suggestion did not help as I keat getting the pin change failed error again and again. 

Finally I have got my Ionic working again. I did the following:

1. Removed Ionic from my current device (iPhone 7 plus)

2. Set it up with a new device (Microsoft Lumia 950XL). Ensure that you turn off Bluetooth on your current device before attempting to pair with a new device as otherwise it still remains connected to the device even though you removed it from the app

3. Deleted the wallet app by clicking on the Apps tile and then clicking Wallet app followed by uninstall

4. Removed the Ionic from Fitbit app in Lumia and turned off Bluetooth 

5. Repaired with my iPhone and then clicked on the main wallet tile (note that it is the main tile and not after going in apps and then finding the wallet app as the wallet app had been uninstalled from the Ionic 

6. After clicking on Wallet I got a message stating that Ionic was permanently locked and needs a full reset. It then gave me a reset option which I clicked on. It asked me to setup a pin which I did and then displayed the reset button again which I reclicked

7. The Ionic didn’t really go through the factory reset but instead the PIN was successfully reset and the Ionic started working again

8. I reinstalled the Wallet app after clicking on the apps tile and then finding the wallet app in ‘all apps’

I hope these steps work for others. Would like to hear back from affected users if it actually worked. If it did then maybe Fitbit support team should note this down so that they can guide anyone who gets stuck with the same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

You must turn off the touch ID on your I Phone for the password reset to work. I tried multiple times as it was saying device lock blocked. Turned off touch ID and I could finally reset my password and reset the Iconic

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me it was the opposite. I had to enable and activate Touch ID (Iphone 6s)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I put my pin in too many times and now I’m blocked. My ionic tells me to unlock with my phone but that doesn’t work. Help.   

Best Answer
Try uninstalling the app and reloading

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks for joining us @Chances and thanks for your help @AussieRichHope you’re enjoying the forums. Cat Happy

@Chances can you please confirm you already tried the troubleshooting proposed in Marre's post

I appreciate your efforts, keep me posted with the outcome!

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes