Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties syncing Ionic device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic has stopped syncing again. This is a recurring issue. Everything is up to date. Everything has been restarted. Last time Fitbit says the update fixed it... 3 days after I performed factory reset. 

Really getting Fit-bitter with this thing. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @RustyBrindle thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the information that was shared with me, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums.

Seems odd that your Ionic isn't syncing as the way we designed, I appreciate your effort and time troubleshooting this syncing situation prior posting and for letting me know that everything is up to date. Since I can really know which troubleshooting steps you tried, if you haven't already done so, please try the steps from our help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?. Also, can you please let me know which mobile device are you using?

Looking forward to your reply, let me know how it goes.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve toggled the Bluetooth on and off I’ve restarted both devices. I’m currently using an iPhone 6S.
I have noticed that the last time this happened I spent some time at my neighbors house and was logged I to their WiFi. I know I had to log the iconic in to my WiFi when I did the master reset a couple weeks ago. Is there a chance being on their WiFi could cause some interference?

Best regards,

Rusty
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your prompt reply and the details that were shared with me @RustyBrindle.

Let me share with you that your neighbors WiFi should not affect the syncing procedure of your device. In the past, it was required to connect your Ionic to your own WiFi connection because of the setup and firmware update procedure, however, for syncing there should not be any issue. That said, please make sure that there's no other Bluetooth device connected to your phone or nearby. Then, please follow the below steps. Take in consideration that some of them were already tried but the specific order is important:

1. Restart your Ionic.
  2. Please on the phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth, and remove all the connections that exist with the device. (Forget device, ignore or unpair depending on the version of the operating system of the phone)
  3. Turn off the Bluetooth and restart the phone. (Switch off and on again).
  4. When the iPhone 6s is back on, turn the Bluetooth on again but do not attempt to connect to the Fitbit from here.
  5. Go on the app and try setting up the Ionic as a new device.

Keep me posted 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The last time I removed my Ionic from the Bluetooth it got stuck in a perpetual loop of displaying the 4 digit code, but only briefly, and barely long enough to see it to enter. By the time I was able to enter it, my phone could no longer see it. Which led me to doing the factory reset. It simply does not make sense to continue performing such resets to just to make it function for about a month, only to have it happen again.

The problem with the whole thing is that I just went through this not even a month ago, and now it’s doing it again? It seems that there is problem with the hardware or the firmware... or both.

For the record (and public consumption) I do not like being a difficult consumer or to have such a negative attitude, because I truly like my Ionic, but it is of no value to me if I constantly have to mess with it to keep it functional.

Best regards,

Rusty
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back @RustyBrindle your reply is appreciated. My apologies for the delay in responding.

Certainly the syncing process of our Ionic device was not designed in such way, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. Can you please let me know if you already tried syncing your Fitbit with a different mobile device or a computer? This way we will be able to know if this is occurring with your iPhone 6s or any device.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes