Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties with software, apps can't be installed

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sorry Fitbit, but I don't know whats wrong here.

besides several other effects on the Ionic (sluggish, juddery, connection issues, several tries required for some processes e.g. setup) ... I again can't install apps.

24h ago I had to reset/delete the Ionic completely, had to link it again to my account and set it up as a new device, installed long lasting update to the last OS etc ........ only because I was no longer able to install apps. 

It was working now for ...öhm.. let me say 20 hours. Now it is the same again. ...and its not the first time.

And yes! I restarted all devices, completely closed the companion app, switched Bluetooth on and off, connected and reconnected, I also already tried my company phone. I did all the first level support suggestions.

And no .. I am not a DAU. I have deep knowledge in technology.

So the question is, how can we solve the issues for a 300 USD device?

Thanks

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @JayJay_de, thank you for all the details, screenshots you've provided and for confirming all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. 

How many apps do you have installed in your Ionic? The maximum number of apps and clock faces that you can install is 40 altogether. Since each device has at least one clock face, you can install a maximum of 39 additional apps. Let me know. 

Regarding the connection issues you mentioned, are you referring to connection issues with the WI-FI or to sync your smartwatch with the app? In the meantime, please confirm if you already followed all the steps listed here below: 

Please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @JayJay_de.

Thanks for sharing and trying all of the steps you have tried to get the Ionic to work correctly before posting.

In this case I'd like to ask if you are getting some sort of error message when you try to install an app? If so, what does it say? Could you share a screenshot of it in here?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit

thanks for your reply. 

There are no error messages. The tracker itself provides no response or reaction. All the things happen in the companion app.

Below the stages:

Choose "install"Choose "install"

The app is loadingThe app is loading

The app is installingThe app is installing

After the progress bar has reached the end, the button switches again to "Install"After the progress bar has reached the end, the button switches again to "Install"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JayJay_de, thank you for all the details, screenshots you've provided and for confirming all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. 

How many apps do you have installed in your Ionic? The maximum number of apps and clock faces that you can install is 40 altogether. Since each device has at least one clock face, you can install a maximum of 39 additional apps. Let me know. 

Regarding the connection issues you mentioned, are you referring to connection issues with the WI-FI or to sync your smartwatch with the app? In the meantime, please confirm if you already followed all the steps listed here below: 

Please keep me posted. 

Best Answer

Hi @DavideFitbit,

thanks for the hint with the limitation fo installed apps. 

I assume this is the solution (didn't know that there is a limitation in the number).

However, I removed one app and was able to install two new. (I have no Music synced, so there should be enough storage) .. and tried it now several times to the maximum.

I have now installed 38 Apps. Including Settings and Wallet App and including the Today App which has no separated icon on the watch. Plus the mentioned Watchface .... means 39 in maximum incl. Watchface and Today.

Thanks! 

So the Solution is 39 Apps in maximum including all.

Kind regards

Jonny

P.s.: do you know such limitations for deezer playlists (25). I created a separated thread for this topic, but unfortunately it was deleted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update @JayJay_de, it's good to know that you were able to install the new app. 

Regarding the Deezer Playlist, could you please provide some more details about this? Are you referring to the maximum number of songs per playlists that can be downloaded from Deezer? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes 🙂 Sorry @DavideFitbit .. I was not aware of the App limit. :$

In regard to Deezer Playlists - absolutely. 

I currently have not synced any music. The App is installed and linked. 

Within the iOS companion App I can see my saved Deezer playlists. BUT ... just the 25 first. ... yes I have more than 25 playlists because of playlist from former years, different genres and so on.

The general issue is, that I simply don't see the last created playlist (above the 25 limit) and can't choose them for sync. 

If this 25 playlist limit is required, perhaps its changeable to 25 last edited or 25 last created.

Thanks 

Jonny

P.s. if required I can also create a new thread 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JayJay_de, thank you for your reply and all the details provided  

It seems that there's actually no limit to the number of playlists that can be sent to the Deezer app, and this has been reported to the engineering team for verification. Please check the information provided in this thread with further details about this behavior.  

I hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Davide,

perfect ..thanks for forwarding this “issue” and the link to the Deezer thread. It seems that the 25 playlist limit is a general problem.

thanks and kind regards

Jonny

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @JayJay_deSmiley Happy

Best Answer

@JayJay_de @DavideFitbit @LanuzaFitbit Guys, I have a Versa 2 and the 25 playlist limit issue still exists there as at January 19th 2020. Ive tried a variety of things to work around this problem (changing playlist names, adding new playlists, sorting in different ways, etc) but nothing has worked. Is there a fix coming? Thanks.

Best Answer

No. Fitbit knows this issue since the introduction of the ionic.

Unfortunatelly you have to live wit that issue.

you can try deleting all playlists you don’t see in the Fitbit companion app and reorganize your music in these 25 playlists

Best Answer
0 Votes