Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Fitbit steps?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Double Fitbit steps?  I just received a Fitbit Iconic for Christmas. I wear it every day but there is a lot of times I am walking and the wrist I am wearing my Fitbit on might not be swinging. Examples are when I’m pushing a shopping cart, pushing the baby stroller, carrying something or I have my hands in my coat pocket. I took the  band off of my Fitbit Charge 2 and I carry that around in my pocket. I also use Fitbit Mobiletrack on my phone.  Is there any chance when using all three together that they may be counting as double or triple steps? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @IanV. Good job of trying to capture all your steps but even if you are not double or triple counting steps, you are certainly confusing the step count. I have occasions similar to yours when my arms are not moving. I currently have two devices registered to my Fitbit account - a Versa and the AltaHR. In order to try to keep steps accurate, here is how I normally handle it:

1. Register both devices to my account.
  2. Going in to a grocery store, I will slip my Versa into a pocket or purse strapped across my chest so it sits on my hip and captures steps.
  3. When my hands are free to move again, I’ll place the Versa back on my wrist. 

This is the simplest solution but the Versa and Ionic are a bit bulky so it is not always do-able.

Sometimes, I will sync my Versa then take it off and set it down.

• Then, in another room, I will place the Alta HR in a pocket or purse or ankle strap ... sync it ... and let that one take over.
  • When I’m ready to put the Versa back on, I’ll sync the Alta HR ... put it in a secure place ... sync the Versa and put it back on.

It’s not as bothersome as it sounds. I’ve noticed the key is to sync before switching. It’s helpful to keep the two devices in separate rooms so the Fitbit app knows which device you are syncing. 

In your case, I would eliminate MobileTrack unless you are going to be without either Fitbit device for an extended period of time. I know some people wear two Fitbit devices at one time but I never got the hang of it. But if you want to check it out, tap here

Best Answer