Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double-tap to turn on screen doesn’t work

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic wakes when I raise my wrist and turn the watch toward me and also when I press one of the buttons. It does not wake as it is supposed to when I double-tap the screen. I’ve reset the watch twice and have the most current firmware. Why does a double-tap to turn on the screen not work?

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Yep, having the same problem and it's annoying af. Tapping the top of the watch does seem to be more effective than tapping the screen, but still not 100%...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this problem ,some times taking 3 or 4 attempts to wake it 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer

Same. Is this a hardware or firmware issue?

Fitbit, please fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem....I have to tap numerous times, while in manual mode...and when in auto mode, the lift/wrist turn works 50/50!  Annoying...and where is FITBIT on this issue???

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Light taps, stronger taps; doesn't always work...??? I have to press a button 9 out of 10 times. I just got my Ionic for Christmas and don't think it's user friendly.....

Best Answer

Same problem here. The device seems to go to a deep sleep mode and gets unresponsive for some seconds. And then it works good again. 

I think that’s why the battery lasts so long but it’s completely disruptive for simple use

Best Answer

COOL!!! Nice Tip, man! Works well that way you told.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gonzajg I have found the same thing and if I lightly tap the watch every 9 seconds it remains "awake". If I miss the 9 seconds and tap immediately the watch responds, leave it any longer and more taps to waken it, but not as many.

@gonzajgwrote:

Same problem here. The device seems to go to a deep sleep mode and gets unresponsive for some seconds. And then it works good again. 

I think that’s why the battery lasts so long but it’s completely disruptive for simple use

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm facing the same issue, double-tap to wake-up the screen hardly works. I can't see any response from Fitbit on this thread, are they even looking at it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

After experimenting, my conclusion is that after it's been asleep for more than a few seconds, the tap and double tap don't work at all. The unpredictable results and tapping the edge or band are most likely waking it up from the movement caused by trying different tapping methods, similar to tilting your arm. Just a thought. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is hogwash. Don't release crap that doesn't work. Back it goes. Good riddens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mikey99 wrote:

This is hogwash. Don't release crap that doesn't work. Back it goes. Good riddens.

Blimey.

Double tap works fine for me but I always using the button anyway 

I hope everybody is on the latest firmware.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed, tapping the case works better than tapping the screen. May be it's because of tapping on screen is toward the wrist, so watch movement is too weak to be detected. Tapping the case cause more amplitude so it's easier for the sensor to detect it.

Best Answer

Why is there no official response from Fitbit on this topic ?!

I have the same issue, but i think i figured out how it works

When the display was on and then turns off u have a time window of 9-10 second where u can wake up the clock by touching the display once slightly.
After that the display/clock goes into a deep sleep and can only be waked up by turning ur wrist or pressing a button or double tapping (hard) on the band or clock casing like on the Charge2.

Why is this not included in the manual ???
I almost brought it back to the store because of this behavior...

Best Answer

Why haven't you logged a support ticket?

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Why is there no official response from Fitbit on this topic ?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this at the top of the screen. It is still a double tap but the second tap has a swipe down motion. Seems to work for me with great results. 

Best Answer

Go into settings on the watch & check that Sleep Mode is not turned on.

I was having similar issues, & found that Sleep was turned on.    Have switched this off which has now resolved the issues for me

Best Answer
0 Votes