Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driving increases steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I drove for 1hr today and racked up around 1400 steps. Wtf is that all about?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Jasecope wrote:

I drove for 1hr today and racked up around 1400 steps. Wtf is that all about?

You say that like it's a bad thing lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it is isn’t it. I didn’t do those so that’s false information. I.bought this thing to monitor what I do, not to tell me lies!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You will get 'false' steps when you are in a car , on a motor bike, kr on a push bike. The bumps and movement cause the tracker to think you are taking steps. That still sounds a lot of steps for an hours driving unless you were on pot holed roads! Try restarting your Ionic and see if that fixes the excess next time you drive (it wont fix what was detected today). The other thing you can do is log a driving activity during that time and that will erase the 'steps'. Go to the app, tap exercise tile (running man), select the stop watch icon in the top right corner and on the page that comes up start to type in driving and select it from the drop down list when it drops down, fill the details and it will take care of the extras for you. Let us know how you go.

Restart your Tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you very much. I’ll try that!.....(SA roads must be the worst in Australia)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see people commenting on this a lot but I've used my Ionic for 3 weeks and previously the Charge 2 for a year and never had any extra steps for driving - which I am glad of! I don't understand how it would work though as obviously it auto-detects running, walking, biking etc so wouldn't it see that the motion and pace was all wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes