Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swim laps correct, distance is not!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic has counted the number of laps perfectly  yet the distance is incorrect. I've set the pool length to 50m and swam 52 lengths to find that when i've synced my app it's stating 1600.

Anyone have any ideas what I could have done wrong regarding the settings?

Thanks 😁

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

no idea what it is but mine does this too. the distance in miles is correct on the online account, just the app is wrong. weird. I am waiting for them to fix it but so far no-one from fitbit has replied to my thread on this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.

I'm swimming in 25mt swimming pool. 100  × 25= 2500mt but in the final report on the watch I see 2350mt.

If I check on web panel it's correct: 2500mt.

Best Answer
0 Votes

may I know what stroke did you use? I did freestyle and it didn't even count the lap! I was wondering if it recognize flip turn

Best Answer
0 Votes

Freestyle me too.

I don't know about flip turn, cause I don't use (I just stopped myself  and restarted) but it should be able to recognize it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, my Ionic is recognising my racing turns and my stop and push ones. It recognises my overarm and my breast stroke well too. 

With the recording error in the app, the only suggestion I have is to try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and see if that improves its maths.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is definitely something wrong with the calculations. Hopefully there will be a firmware that fixes this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to uninstall and install again the app but nothing changed. 

There is also another issue, based on the same wrong data calculation I suppose.

I tried to share the result via Android App and it reports 2380mt as distance but it's wrong because it's

25mt x 102 = 2550mt 

Best Answer
0 Votes