Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erratic real time pace while running with GPS with Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The real time pace measurement while running with GPS on my Ionic jumps wildly between paces, showing ranges that vary by minutes.  For example, when maintaining an 8:00 min/mile pace it will show something on the order of 6:30, then instantly jump to 9:05 then adjust to 7:05 etc...  it seems to show every sample point of data instaniously when perhaps it could be smoothed out.  This was never a problem on my past garmin products.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@PeachesPercheswrote:

The real time pace measurement while running with GPS on my Ionic jumps wildly between paces, showing ranges that vary by minutes.  For example, when maintaining an 8:00 min/mile pace it will show something on the order of 6:30, then instantly jump to 9:05 then adjust to 7:05 etc...  it seems to show every sample point of data instaniously when perhaps it could be smoothed out.  This was never a problem on my past garmin products.

Are you tracking your min/mile pace with something else and also using the ionic? Maybe swinging your arms affects it? I honestly don’t pay attention to min/mile pace. Maybe doing a reset would help.

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PeachesPerches Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for your input and feedback regarding the pace. 

Since when are you experiencing this?

I'd recommend performing a restart on your Ionic. This could help you out. 

@supersmart01234 Thanks for your awesome help! 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes