Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variability is live :D

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just review todays sleep stats, and was surprised by this:

signal-attachment-2019-12-17-061002.png

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Happy Holidays everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding the Estimated Oxygen Variation graph. This graph will provide users with an estimate of the variability of oxygen levels in their bloodstream. The data is derived from a combination of the red and infrared sensors on the back of your device, which are part of the SpO2 sensor.

As you may have gathered, this feature has been rolled out to a small percentage of users and we are hoping to provide more news about Estimated Oxygen Variability soon. So stay tuned!

Of course, if you have additional feedback you would like to provide, feel free to let me know in the comments below.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
261 REPLIES 261

Hi @d_k, great to see you in the community. 

This looks good, thanks for sharing. Looking at your UI you are a non premium user, is that correct? I haven't got the chart yet (premium user), so I'm guessing it has only been pushed to some users. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Maybe this is what's borking the battery life? 

Would be very fitbit to switch it on in the background for testing and not tell people or give them an option to switch it off. 

Best Answer

Nothing for me yet!  Jealous!

1369227175249.jpg

?
Best Answer

correct, no premium account. but i'm curious to know if premiums see even more.

Best Answer

@d_k Yes good point, it will be interesting if premium users see something more in depth. I will update if/when I get it. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I didn't notice it before but I have it too. Surprised that they didn't say that they were going live with it.

Best Answer

Probably region specific at the moment? Noone I've spoken to in the UK seems to have it showing so far. 

Best Answer

I haven't noticed any decrease in my battery life because of it. I updated my software on the 8th and am seeing that it first appears on the app on Friday the 13th.

Don't know if it's region specific because I live in Germany.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@d_k   What kind of information do you get if you tap on the Learn More option?  I know a thing or two about SpO2 measurement and really want to know what this option says.  Their graph has no numbers on the y-axis.  SpO2 is measured in percent.  I am trying to figure out what the graph means.

TIA

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Nothing in Australia with Premium..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@LZeeW 

Screenshot_20191219-061448.png

Screenshot_20191219-061457.png

Screenshot_20191219-061505.png

Screenshot_20191219-061517.png

Screenshot_20191219-061527.png

Best Answer

@LZeeW  Like you I'm interested to compare.

30 years ago I took part in a study about middle aged adults and onset diabetes and found out my genetic make up was for endurance, not speed.

When Fitbit came on the market that whetted my appetite to experiment and see what these devices were capable off.

I became disappointed when the Sp02 wasn't released so I purchased an Elite HRV and a Contec Pulse Oximeter devices so that I could measure and eventually compare with Fitbit.

This new add on to the Sleep is interesting because my $50 Contec Pulse Oximeter gave me the readings below this morning.  That was even after a rough night's sleep.  It got to 102oF (39oC) yesterday and a balmy night.  Good day today, and expected to be 105oF (42oC) tomorrow.. That's Melbourne weather..

spo2.jpg

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@d_k   Thanks for the screen shots...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@d_k   Yes, thanks for the screenshots.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happy Holidays everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding the Estimated Oxygen Variation graph. This graph will provide users with an estimate of the variability of oxygen levels in their bloodstream. The data is derived from a combination of the red and infrared sensors on the back of your device, which are part of the SpO2 sensor.

As you may have gathered, this feature has been rolled out to a small percentage of users and we are hoping to provide more news about Estimated Oxygen Variability soon. So stay tuned!

Of course, if you have additional feedback you would like to provide, feel free to let me know in the comments below.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Where did it go??? I had an SPO2 graph yesterday and now it has disappeared!  I was so pleased to see it and now I’m heartbroken....

Best Answer

Ah, I updated my app and I think that caused the graph to not show up, perhaps? Signing out and back in seemed to make it re-appear. I am so pleased! I have a finger SPO2 device, but I’m happy to see big and small changes just with my Ionic. Thanks, Fitbit!

Best Answer

do the graphs of the two devices match?

Best Answer

@MattFitbitI presume the Oxygen Variability will show up in Premium still under the Sleep..?

Also, that graph will only be available in the Sleep Profile, and if you have a snooze during waking hours for more that 3 hours we could see another graph. ?

Best Answer
0 Votes