Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic and Runkeeper.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i'd like to ask a question: Can I leave my iPhone 6S plus at home, go out and train and later synchronize with Runkeeper? I'd like the new IONIC to have this feature that is very important for me to evaluate the purchase of the device. thanks 🙂 

Moderator edit: subjects format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@gtoni70 wrote:

thans for your reply but i'm very confused … in the runkeeper profile - account setting - under "runkeeper mobile app", i can see "Fitbit -> connect to fitbit"

Schermata 09-2458019 alle 09.26.07.png

Sorry I was mistaken. As @bbarrera said, the sync between fitbit and Runkeeper doesn't include GPS data, heart rate etc.

Im not sure if this would work or not, but you could try linking your Fitbit account with strava and then linking your strava account to runkeeper and see if that preserves all of the data. I know the fitbit to strava sync definitely includes GPS and heart rate data, but I'm unsure what data the strava to runkeeper sync provides as I don't use runkeeper. I know it's a bit messy but worth a try if you are looking for an automatic sync.

Good Luck.

Edit - To answer your question, you would click that connect to fitbit button to link the two accounts. When you click the button it will prompt you to log in with your fitbit credentials, then it will ask for various permissions. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Yes. The Ionic has built in GPS so you don't need to carry your phone to track your workouts. You can also "connect" the Runkeeper app with your Fitbit account so your activities will automatically sync to your Runkeeper account. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

@gtoni70 The Fitbit-Runkeeper integration does not include workouts:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Third-Party-Apps-Informational-Post/m-p/147...

Instead of using the Runkeeper integration, you would need to manually add to Runkeeper, or if it’s a GPS Run then from a computer you can export TCX from Fitbit and then import into Runkeeper:

https://blog.runkeeper.com/313/easily-import-your-data-into-runkeeper/

Hope that helps. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

thans for your reply but i'm very confused … in the runkeeper profile - account setting - under "runkeeper mobile app", i can see "Fitbit -> connect to fitbit"

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gtoni70 wrote:

Sorry I was mistaken. As @bbarrera said, the sync between fitbit and Runkeeper doesn't include GPS data, heart rate etc.

Im not sure if this would work or not, but you could try linking your Fitbit account with strava and then linking your strava account to runkeeper and see if that preserves all of the data. I know the fitbit to strava sync definitely includes GPS and heart rate data, but I'm unsure what data the strava to runkeeper sync provides as I don't use runkeeper. I know it's a bit messy but worth a try if you are looking for an automatic sync.

Good Luck.

Edit - To answer your question, you would click that connect to fitbit button to link the two accounts. When you click the button it will prompt you to log in with your fitbit credentials, then it will ask for various permissions. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

thanks a lot 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

From a gs8 with an iconic

In the runkeeper app when I goto connected devices and add the iconic isn't discpvered

Best Answer
0 Votes