Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

i updated two two days ago to the latest FB OS and ever since I am unable to fully sync.

i have tried disconnecting my Ionic and reconnecting, reset of my ionic and nothing works as I’m always met with “Failed to Sync” after it has tried to sync apps. I have no other apps installed apart from the minimal stock ones. 

My phone us is an iPhone 7 Plus. 

Thanks for any help help in advance. 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@FBsim Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

I appreciate that you mentioned the phone that you're using. In this case, I would like you to try a factory reset and then try setting it up as a new device on your account. 

Remember that when you perform a factory reset, all your apps and music will be removed from your watch. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So if my Ionic was brand new, how would it help to "factory reset" it? I did that anyway and it did not work. NOTHING works. This is CLEARLY a problem on the firmware end and someone needs to get to work re-coding that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just off the phone from the help desk. My ionic will not update with my iPhone. I was told that Fitbit knows about this issue and have NO date for fix. Was even told I could turn back to Best Buy- they have no idea when they will fix the upload problem. In about 1 1/2 weeks there will be a number of people with useless Fitbit Ionic’s !!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, this did fix it but I think it’s very poor that after a firmware update is released it either doesn’t work or you have to factory reset it in order to use the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tess71 Thanks for getting back. I appreciate the troubleshooting tried. 

In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email, they will continue assisting you. 

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Community. Thanks for sharing your experience with our Support team. I would like you to confirm you tried the tips mentioned in this article about: Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

@FBsim Thanks for getting back. I'm glad to hear that you got it working after performing a factory reset. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes