Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Dashboard says 'turn bluetooth on'

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm just at the lovely stage of taking my shiny new Ionic out of the box and setting up.

I use FitBit App for Windows 10 - it keeps telling me to 'Please make sure Bluetooth is on'.  On what?  My iPhone has it turned on, the Iconic has picked up my Wi-Fi with no issues - but again, the app says Wi-Fi isn't on.

Where is it (the app) wanting me to 'turn bluetooth on'?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you use the Fitbit app on your Windows 10 computer, then you need to have computer bluetooth turned on. That is, if your computer has bluetooth... not all do.

Otherwise, if you want to turn on the "Classic" bluetooth on the Fitbit, go into the Settings page (Gear icon on watch), scroll down to Bluetooth, and there you can turn bluetooth On, Pair, or Off.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

If you use the Fitbit app on your Windows 10 computer, then you need to have computer bluetooth turned on. That is, if your computer has bluetooth... not all do.

Otherwise, if you want to turn on the "Classic" bluetooth on the Fitbit, go into the Settings page (Gear icon on watch), scroll down to Bluetooth, and there you can turn bluetooth On, Pair, or Off.

Best Answer

Thanks, ZenGardner

Seems the computer doesn't have bluetooth.

I've looked at the Settings/Gear icon - no mention of Bluetooth on the main FitBit (not app) site.

So when I'm trying to load music through the phone (which has bluetooth) it turns me back do this through the app. So, stuck in a music-less circle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found it 😄

Thanks

Best Answer

@Piskie wrote:

Thanks, ZenGardner

Seems the computer doesn't have bluetooth.

I've looked at the Settings/Gear icon - no mention of Bluetooth on the main FitBit (not app) site.

So when I'm trying to load music through the phone (which has bluetooth) it turns me back do this through the app. So, stuck in a music-less circle.

To clarify, the Gear/Settings I am speaking of is on the Ionic watch itself, not the Fitbit Dashboard site.

I have not loaded music onto my watch, but I do believe you have to have the phone app installed on your phone (the computer app would have worked if your computer had bluetooth) to make this happen. There is no way to connect to the watch otherwise.

Best Answer

Well the issue is that the bluebooth is turned on so now what?

Best Answer
0 Votes