Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Dreaded Exclamation Mark Icon - How My Fitbit Finally Died

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have spent a couple of hours online researching & it seems this issue is very common with the Fitbit Ionic where when it passes it's warranty period, a red exclamation mark appears & then the watch will not come back on no matter what you try. I have tried the following:

1) Using different charge points.

2) Using a different charging cable.

3) Cleaning the connections using compressed air.

4) Trying to reset it pressing all three buttons at the same time for a long period of time.

5) Tried other combinations of buttons as recommended by others.

But absolutely nothing happens.

Fitbit don't seem to want to offer much help or resolution to a regular occurrence amongst Fitbit owners other than offering a small discount off their next purchase.

However if i spend the kind of money I did on a watch, i kind of expect a refund as i have no faith in purchasing another Fitbit product after what I've read online.

Has anyone tried taking this further with any success with their complaints procedure or maybe reporting the issue to a watchdog? Just intrigued to see other people's thought's on this extremely regular problem the Ionic seems to have. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

If you paid with a credit card dispute it. If your watch is immaculate and shows no signs of wear just do what most people do buy a new one and switch it over with faulty one for a refund. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's out of warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Sale of Goods Act offers protection against faulty goods even when the manufacturer's guarantee has run out. The act says goods must last a reasonable time - and that can be anything up to six years from the date of purchase. ... "Retailers want to sell extended warranties.

Best Answer
0 Votes