Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic will not re pair with my device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

My clockface wasn't updating so to troubleshoot I did the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (iOSAndroid)
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your tracker 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app
  • Try changing your clock face

This still didn't work so I tried setting up your tracker as a new device by removing it from my app and going to Bluetooth settings on my mobile device and removing the tracker from the Bluetooth settings 

Now I can't add the ionic back on my phone. I have repeated the above steps several times and am very frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem, since beginning of week. My phone does not even see my ionic when looking for devices to pair with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, you're definitely not the only one with this issue.  My phone won't even tell me when it's connected to the Fitbit.  I select it, and it continuously 'searches' for the device- this is the second phone to do so.

I've had my Ionic for less than three months now, and though I keep reading up on things and adjusting items, turning off, turning on, reconnecting, checking wi-fi, all that stuff... ALMOST on a DAILY BASIS... right when it seems like I've got it- something fails again. 

Thing is brand new.  It does a good job of keeping the time.

Went to bed last night and woke up with 3,800 steps this morning.  Weird. 

Walked to the store yesterday and got back with a logged 3,333 steps.  Sat on the couch for about 20 minutes, and when I checked again it was almost at 10,000.  Easiest workout I've ever done.

I have repeatedly set it up so that my texts and phone calls will come through.  Phone calls always do, texts do only when they feel like it.

My wife is sort of pissed because I enjoy working out and she broke the wallet to buy me the 'best' Fitbit available, and she now realizes it really isn't any good.  Also, her brand new Versa can't connect to or be used with her iPhone, so we're out a solid few hundred bucks essentially.

I used to have a Charge HR a few years back and it was way more accurate.  It's frustrating because I really want this thing to keep a reliable record of my workouts, but it's completely unreliable.  Bummer.

I wish I had a fix for you but I think this is something Fitbit is going to have to figure out.  There are hoards of people with similar issues, so if it IS user error somehow, then the interface/app should be more straightforward.

Best Answer
0 Votes