Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Exercise App and Clock

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Normally pressing the button on the left side of the Ionic exits whatever app you are in and brings you back to the screen where you can swipe through the installed apps. Pressing it again returns you to the clock function.

But if you are in the Fitbit Exercise app with an exercise running, these shortcuts do not work. Pressing the button on the left side of the watch pages you through the app's data screens instead (e.g. time, heart rate, distance). A long press brings you to notification settings and instructions for pairing the Ionic to bluetooth headphones. 

Is there any way to get to the clock from within the exercise app?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@montebello pressing left-side button terminates any app that runs. If you are in the Exercise app this behaviour is modified and you need to hold the button for a while and then decide whether you want to pause or terminate exercise. Termination will take you to the watch face. There is no way to keep any app ( including Exercise ) running and open watch face in the same time. It is either this or that. However, if you just want to see the current time during exercise then just tap middle stat and cycle through until you reach the clock.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@montebello pressing left-side button terminates any app that runs. If you are in the Exercise app this behaviour is modified and you need to hold the button for a while and then decide whether you want to pause or terminate exercise. Termination will take you to the watch face. There is no way to keep any app ( including Exercise ) running and open watch face in the same time. It is either this or that. However, if you just want to see the current time during exercise then just tap middle stat and cycle through until you reach the clock.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner, thanks very much for the explanation. I'm glad to know what I experienced is the expected behaviour. Also, I am not sure why I didn't notice the clock within the Exercise app, but now I see it. Thanks again for clearing up my confusion.

Best Answer
0 Votes