Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic 2 weeks old, deep screen scratches.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife and I bought ourselves Ionics in the States before returning back home to South Africa. While doing indoor rock climbing my wife scraped the face of the watch against the wall. Now it is penetrated with deep visible scratches. Its pretty much destroyed the visibility of the screen. 

Since the watch is only two weeks old. Is there anything we can do to repair it? She is bumped beyond words as this really helped her with her fitness goals.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately Fitbit doesn't seem to offer glass/display replacement on the Ionic.

You're probably best off getting in touch with customer support to see if they can help you. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Unfortunately Fitbit doesn't seem to offer glass/display replacement on the Ionic.

You're probably best off getting in touch with customer support to see if they can help you. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please report back if Fitbit customer support did anything helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a scratch on my ionic as well.  So much for the claim that their Gorilla Glass 3 screen is " damage resitance".    I called and was told to send a picture.  Which I did.  Then I was told that the screen is not covered under warranty and that if it gets really big or affects function to call back and that they " May" offer a one time replacement.  Really, on a $300 fit bit that claims damage resistance?  I have only worn this for about 3 weeks.  Very unhappy with their customer service.  Why send a picture and waste my time if they are not going to fix it anyway?  Looks like I may be going to Garmin for a tracker.

Best Answer

I am sure you all know that damage resistant does not mean damage proof. Gorilla glass is better than most but sharp objects will still scratch it. I would never get any device and not install a screen protector but that is me. I know I would scratch mine if I didn't. As someone who has worn glasses most of my life i can recommend Pledge for light scratches. It isn't a cure all but can take out light scratches. Unfortunately it won't help with heavy rock scratches. I sure hope they offer some solution. I am sure that in time phone repair businesses will be able to replace them but being a new product I do not know if they could get parts yet. It might not hurt to ask one though. 

Sense, LG V60 Thinq Android 10, Surface Pro Win 10
Best Answer

There were several advertisements that this was scratch resistant. I did
not hit it on anything sharp that I am aware of. I work in an office and
am very careful with it. I think if it was advertised as scratch
resistant, they should tell you up front to add a screen protector, or
stand behind their claims and replace it.

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Well i have the Ionic now about 6 weeks and i know that i hit the doorposts at least once a week.

Sometimes walls and other rough hard objects.

But after 6 weeks and all this mis-use i still have not 1 scatch.

So i am very happy with the Ionic.

Phone: Xiaomi Mi5 OS: Android 7.1/Lineage 14.1
Watch: Ionic
Previous watches:Pebble, Pebble Time, Samsung Gear Fit2
Best Answer

Same result for me.  I have my ionic a little over a month.  Have a deep scratch no idea what from.  I do not work outdoors and can not recall Ann event that would have caused the scratch.  All Fitbit support offers is 25% discount on new watch.  This is my 4th Fitbit purchase you would think they would want to retain loyal coustomers.  At this point my replacement purchase will be Apple Watch.  I can not recommend Fitbit due to poor coustomer service. 

Best Answer

Mine merely bumped the rounded granite countertop as I was going in the kitchen and scratched it - not sharp at all....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same issue, no recollection of anything that could have damaged it and the screen is all scratched up.  I had the surge before this and never had one scratch on it,.  I remember a few incidents with it that I figured the screen was broken but never a scratch. 

The ionic is very feeble, I have ordered screen protectors which I agree should be advised to purchase them as soon as you purchase your ionic.  Mine was $400.00 with taxes which is not pocket change.  When I contacted fitbit there was nothing they would do because this is considered wear and tear. Didn't even have it a month.  Needless to say I am so disappointed and can honestly say that I am gonna do my research and start looking into a new fitness watch for my next purchase.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have gone with a Garmin Forerunner. It is waterproof and much more
durable. ginger

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer