Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic Measurements

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to work out the size of the Ionic, on the specs it looks smaller than the surge but it looks bigger in the pics so assuming sizing is just the screen rather than overall, does anyone know the overall size, currently have a surge and I am trying to work out how much different the Ionic is!

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

It would be nice to have all dimensions - w x h.   This is thicker than the 38mm apple watch (10.5mm).  I have the apple and never wear it because you have to charge it everyday.

Anyone know the charge time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DKR0120, check out the actual measurements in the posting above by @ErickFitbit:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Measurements/m-p/2163706#M90

Ionic Size.jpg

According to the specs for the Ionic in the on-line store, the battery will last about 4 days, and it charges in about 2 hours:

Battery.jpg

Best Answer

I have a charge 2 and would like to know how the thickness (skin to screen) compares to the ionic - can't see this in the thread so far so if anyone has this info that would be great - thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

does anyone have the dimensions of the ionic thickness compared to the charge 2 please? Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ElsHogan, in this post above, it is reported that the Ionic is 12.2mm thick - compare that to your Charge 2.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Measurements/m-p/2163706#M90

Best Answer

Thanks - sorry for missing your post 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbitThanks for the sizing... I have an 8" (20cm) wrist and the Large Blaze is the nearly the same dimensions as Ionic.. I have measured the total length from buckle tongue to tip of the band and it is only 8mm (1/3") shy.. On the Blaze (Large) I still have 7 notches which equates to 50mm or 2".

I feel those with a 9" wrist will be accommodated with enough notches to ensure the band is fastened securely.

@ErickFitbit wrote:

@Oustalado @USAF-Larry Check out the measurements below:

• Width of tracker: 38.59mm
  • Weight: 30g
  • Length of bands with tracker (large): 258mm
  • Thickness: 12.2mm

Hope you find this helpful.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

So the Large band on the Ionic is 258 mm? The sizing it goes to on the product info says 206 mm

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tom Tom, maybe that measurement is just the bands themselves. Not including the length of the tracker that will be set in between them ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tomtom28, note in the posting above, the length of the size large bands with tracker are 258mm long.

• Width of tracker: 38.59mm
  • Weight: 30g
  • Length of bands with tracker (large): 258mm
  • Thickness: 12.2mm

To size the band to your wrist, print out this page:  https://www.fitbit.com/sizing-guides/ionic_sizing_guide_en_US.pdf

Best Answer
So the "large" for the Fitbit ionic is the same size as a XL surge?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tomtom28 Not quite

Surge Large is 16 to 19.8 cm

Ex Large is 19.8 to 22.6

Ionic Large is 17 to 20.5cm

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Here is an exact measurement of my Blaze Large band. I have a 7.5" wrist above the wrist bones and when I put the Blaze on I have 7-8 holes left in the band.

I have pre-ordered the Ionic....

sizing Ionic band.jpg

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
Thanks so much
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to know this, too. With a tiny wrist, all Fitbits are too long, making the bands way too loose.

Best Answer

@GrammaPatti this article lists measurements:

https://www.imore.com/apple-gets-it-right-why-android-wear-sucks-for-women

for some reason Fitbit only lists dimensions of display in specs. The Ionic is fairly large, its not huge like some wearables, but noticeably bigger than the watch shown on the wrist of the female author of the article above.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Resurrecting an old thread...

Anyone can confirm what the dimensions of the tracker are, *including* the metal parts at the top and bottom? It's weird that FitBit only measures to 'net' tracker...

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Erick,

You provide the width, but how about the height? How big is it from top to bottom? Some of the pictures make it look taller than my wrist is wide.

For comparison, my Blaze is 45mm tall x 42mm wide, including the buttons.

Thanks,

Gerry

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gmichaud824I have 21cm (8.25") wrists and this photo shows the comparison and the Ionic is slightly narrower.

blaze ionic sizes.jpg

@gmichaud824 wrote:

Erick,

You provide the width, but how about the height? How big is it from top to bottom? Some of the pictures make it look taller than my wrist is wide.

For comparison, my Blaze is 45mm tall x 42mm wide, including the buttons.

Thanks,

Gerry

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the Fitbit Ionic water resistant and, if so, to what depth?

Best Answer
0 Votes