Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic - Whatsapp Notifications?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there anyway to get Whatsapp message notifications to flash up on the Ionic.  I'm running the apps on my iPhone.

Moderator Edit: Excess punctuation

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

If your not receiving them, make sure your Ionic is turned on in the settings (swipe right from the left side of the screen).  If in fact you have the settings turned on, try resetting your Ionic (Press and HOLD the left and bottom right buttons together, until the fitbit icon appears, then release).  The reset has always worked for me and hopefully will for you as well!!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this now and it's not pulled through notifications from Whatsapp messages.  I can receive Facebook Messenger notifications; texts and iMessage but not Whastapp?  Don't know if there's any reason for this.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get it working? My new ionic doesnt send me whatspp either? Texts etc but not whatsapp? Frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you enabled it in the notification list on the fitbit app. I get them fine im using an s8 plus.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Working now. Thanks.
--
Sent from iMac
Best Answer
0 Votes

Question, what have you done to get notifications? I do not have WhatsApp in the list of the app available for notifications:-/

thx

Best Answer

I have to enable it in the notification list everyday as it unticks itself the next dsy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You also have to go into notifications then click the tab app notifications to find it just scroll down the list of apps

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Paul201065 wrote:

I have to enable it in the notification list everyday as it unticks itself the next dsy.

I assume your watch is on the latest firmware.
Update the app to the latest.
Make sure all day sync and always connected is OFF.

Try unpairing and pairing again.

This used to happen for me, not any more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi software version is 27.25.16.7  phone is galaxy s8 plus android7.1 i have all day sync on but not always connected .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure about Android, but on the iPhone the Fitbit app listens to incoming notifications. Apps that have sent notifications are listed in the Notifications menu (Fitbit app > Device > Notifications). By default, the notifications for new apps are disabled, so if you want them you can enable them there.

BTW, I'd say this is a good choice; having all notifications appear on your watch can easily become very distracting and annoying. I only allow notifications for apps that really need immediate attention. All the others can wait.

Best Answer

@Paul201065 wrote:

Hi software version is 27.25.16.7  phone is galaxy s8 plus android7.1 i have all day sync on but not always connected .

As I said turn off all day sync etc, see my previous post.

Notifications should work regardless and will be instant.

Also don't forget to enable notifications on the watch itself "Receive from phone".

Sync manually until successful. Send yourself a test notification. Make sure whatsapp is ticked in settings.

Thx.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not able to get WhatsApp notifications on my Fitbit Ionic.  I am running iPhone 11.1.2.

I do get iMessages and SMS texts.

Thanks,

Bill

UPDATE:  actually I re-read the thread and turned on notifications using the swipe right from left instructions in earlier messages.  This may do it.  Thanks, Bill

Best Answer
0 Votes

And, does it work; Whatsapp notifications in Ionic in combination with an iPhone?

@KonaFit wrote:

I am not able to get WhatsApp notifications on my Fitbit Ionic.  I am running iPhone 11.1.2.

I do get iMessages and SMS texts.

Thanks,

Bill

UPDATE:  actually I re-read the thread and turned on notifications using the swipe right from left instructions in earlier messages.  This may do it.  Thanks, Bill

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can receive your Whatsapp messages from Android as well as IOS devices. It works fine on my iPhone 7. Go to your Fitbit Ionic in the fitbit app on your mobile device and then select "Notifications". You can see that in addition to the possibility to enable Calls, texts and calendar notifications there is also an option to click on "App Notifications". In there you can select all the apps you want to receive notifications from on you Ionic. 

One important note is that the apps will only be visible AFTER you have received a notification from that specific app. After in this context also being after you had installed the fitbit app on your phone and connected it to your Ionic. 

Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! It works for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Clear instructions would be useful that is step by step. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why not have a look at the User manual ( page 27 ). There you can find useful information.

https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_ionic_en_US.pdf

Best Answer
0 Votes

I realized in order to see messages and WhatsApp messages on your ionic, in notifications makes sure that show in history is enabled.

Best Answer
0 Votes