Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic appears dead?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

A couple of days ago my Fitbit ionic just died.  Won't charge, can't turn on, no button sequences work.  Had been working fine up until then.  Any ideas on what my next steps should be?

Rob

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi RobGul, me and my wife faced same problem with our Ionic and it looks like a main problem... I red online that usually Fitbit is giving a discount on a new purchase but I'm not very happy with that because it's a shame wasting everything instead of fixing it! All the resources are not endless...we have to be aware of that!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @RobGul and @Roma_onaliM. I´m sorry to hear that your Fitbit Ionic isn´t working. 

I noticed that you already have a case with our team and that they will contact you again @RobGul

@Roma_onaliM, thank you for your comments. Fitbit doesn´t have repair centers. I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family; however, we as any other company have policies to follow through.  While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our Warranty  consistently.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

@AndreaFitbitWhat happens to the product that is out of warranty? and since you don't repair it create frustration as it becomes a futile electronic box, do you have any option for the customers, as FitBit customer care don't have the answer 

Best Answer

Hi @AndreaFitbit , thanks for your reply.  I have received an email correspondance and replied to that with the information they've requested (the same information I gave in the initial online chat).  I'm now awaiting further correspondance from them about the next steps available for me.

My understanding is that the FitBit warranty does not overule the consumer warranties and guarantees relevant to where the item was purchased.  In this instance those expected by the ACCC in Australia, outlining that:

Products must be of acceptable quality, that is:

• safe, lasting, with no faults
  • look acceptable
  • do all the things someone would normally expect them to do.

Acceptable quality takes into account what would normally be expected for the type of product and cost.

I think it's feasible to conclude that a smart watch would be expected to last longer and be without fault for over 12 months.  Additionally I believe that as a consumer:

You can claim a remedy directly from the retailer, manufacturer or importer if the goods do not meet one or more of the following consumer guarantees:

• acceptable quality
  • matching description
  • any extra promises made about such things like performance, condition and quality
  • repairs and spare parts - the manufacturer is responsible for ensuring that spare parts and repair facilities (a place that can fix the consumer’s goods) are available for a reasonable time after purchase unless you were told otherwise. How long is ‘reasonable’ will depend on the type of product.

I appreciate products will never last for ever, but it would seem prudent that a repair/replacement be available for FitBit items, assuming they do survive beyond 12 months.

Best Answer

Mines did the same thing, went dead, and now it is not starting. This is my 3rd or 4th one... I am tired of the same discounted price thing they do. Plus the discount is only good for a few days like they want to rush you to buy another.

Best Answer

I can understand that it cost them more to repair instead of send a new one (under the warranty time) but if many products have the same issue maybe something wrong is on and in those product. I'm so sad because now I'm going back to my FitBit Charge2 that is still working... really strange!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for your comments. Fitbit doesn't have centers to repair devices that are out of warranty/ I understand how frustrating this could be and thank you for your feedback. 

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same was happened to my Fitbit Ionic also.It was dead just the warranty time expires.

I represented many times to the customer service. But in vain. No response from them. But the proposal coming to purchase new one.

How can one believe about the santite of the company.

KK kishore Kumar.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem... I've used a fitbit since I moved away from an old jawbone device ((May 19th 2015 as the app tells it 🙂 ) - today my ionic died - I've wasted time going through forum replies, trying different fixes....to no avail.

It's out of warranty and there is no repair option... all my previous fitbit trackers went the same way - sudden catastrophic fail, all outside warranty (one by mere weeks), all with no repair option.

I'm out - just bought a Garmin and it does more, costs less and, more important to the planet, is repairable.

Goodbye Fitbit -

Best Answer

Thanks @AndreaFitbit .  Certainly seems short-sighted by the company to not be able to repair products that are only 12 months old.  I appreciate you following up, but perhaps messages could be relayed further up the chain that (as shown in this thread) customers are unhappy about the lack of support and repair options available to them for products that may only be a year old.  Additionally, more consumers are cognisant of the environmental impacts of their purchases and the companies that deliver them.  I would argue that greater product and consumer support needs to be provided for those FitBit consumers who are having issues with the devices they have purchased from FitBit.

Best Answer

This seems very consistent across many people. I have FitBit ionic and it just went dead, it is charging, I can see the battery going up in my mobile app of fitbit but the screen is dead. It is less than 12 months for fitbit and it is dead. Total loss of money. I am so addicted to fitbit but now will have to live without it. I hope there is some way to reset outside using app or something. I tried using reset buttons, changing watch face etc but no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have the same problem...

The display just shows battery 0% and there is nothing that i can do about it.

Did you recieve any help?

Or is there a solution for this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

and is a better product as I am finding.. enjoy

Best Answer
0 Votes